Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tim Lambesis Released From Prison • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Ronnie Radke arguably gets bigger every time he goes to jail.

2. Davjs

Trusted

Good point.

3. I don't get it, seriously. Then there's also the frontman from Blood On The Dancefloor.

4. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I am the same as you, I really loved this band and a big part of that was Tim's lyrics. I just feels wrong to listen to them.

Me too. Yeah they put on a great show. I even got to get a picture with Tim after the show. A cool memory, tainted.

They came on a playlist and listening to it just made me feel uncomfortable. Sucks because I really loved the band.

5. I already didn't listen to AILD much before that whole thing was revealed, but that's basically me with Lostprophets. To think they used to be my favorite band for a long decade and I never thought ther singer would be that abhorrent...

6. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Is he still "big" though? Outside of the AP scene? I mean, I feel pretty connected to the music scene and I didn't even know he was releasing a new album until I saw Zarillo tweet about it. And then I listened to the singles and it's still terrible.

7. I don't know. Last time I heard about him was when he booted his bandmate, who then revealed the truth about him, like how he was abusive towards basically everyone, a sex offender, that he didn't write anything for the band, didn't pay him, etc.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

How is he not in jail?

9. I think he used to be jailed for a few years, then got released in like 2011/2012. I don't really remember because I was very young when it happened.

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That's insanity. Poor souls are locked up for decades over marijuana and he got out? Unreal.

11. How long was he even in for? I know it's been a couple years, but it feels like just yesterday I was reading about his hearing. Disgusting

12. Chuck!

Regular

It was something like three years, out of a possible six. Absolutely ridiculous

beachdude42 and Aaron Mook like this.
  13. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Still trying to figure out what allowed him to get out this early? Was he able to pay a certain amount? Were there certain conditions he had to fulfill in order to be able to get out this early?

beachdude42 and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

He only served what, a little over a year? What a fucking joke

15. Davjs

Trusted

He served about 3 years. I know AILD was pulled from tour with Killswitch when doing their first tour for their 2013 album Disarm the Descent because of his arrest.

16. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Looks like this is a California state law thing. For prisoners serving determinate sentences, you get a 6 month credit served for each 6 months served with good behavior. So, assuming you are a model prisoner you could serve exactly half of your sentence before being paroled:

I believe this is the relevant law

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  17. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Thankfully the dude from Lostprophets will never see the light of day again - the legal system in that case ensures he never profits from music again. Not sure what the rest of the band is doing these days since No Devotion isn't busy.

18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

It pisses me off that he'll have so much to gain just by being out of prison now while his ex wife and kids have all that fear and uncertainty potentially back in their lives.

19. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Damn, didn't realize it had been that long (still not long enough)

20. Davjs

Trusted

Agreed 100%

21. They're still writing and recording new stuff, it just takes time because they aren't a full time band.

From what I recall :
    - Lee Gaze opened a coffee shop/snack with his wife
    - Mike Lewis still is managing bands and works at a label
    - Jamie Oliver is doing his art full time again, and is doing expositions and stuff like that
    - Stu Richardson has a studio and continues producing albums

22. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

You might have heard about it overseas, but the guy was actually cast to play the lead role in a theatre production about domestic abuse. You can't make this shit up.

Raku likes this.
  23. SuNDaYSTaR Feb 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 10, 2017)
    SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

He did serve four years (of an 8-year sentence) on the count of involuntary manslaughter because he "only" slapped her a couple times.

24. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

fuck this guy for the rest of his scummy life

Petit nain des Îles likes this.