Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tim Lambesis Released From Prison

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

George Lynch was recently on Eddie Trunk’s radio show talking about how Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying has been released from prison and apparently has a “mega-record deal” and “book deal” all lined up. Alternative Press was able to confirm Lambesis’s release from jail:

When AP reached out to the California Department Of Corrections And Rehabilitation to find out if Lambesis was still interred in a California prison, a representative confirmed that he was discharged Dec. 17, 2016. He was discharged to the Division of Adult Parole Operations.

2. Yikes.

You'd have to pay me to listen to those albums or read his books, if they actually come to fruition. Golly.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Can't wait to hear him talk of himself as a victim (of getting caught) and say he's found God (again) in all this.

skogsraet and Aaron Mook like this.
  4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

uhhhh yeahhhhhh fuck this

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

This makes me so mad

6. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

There was a time I really enjoyed AILD, and in fact, they may have been the first metal band that I fell in love with, and expanded my interest in heavy music beyond post-hardcore. But in addition to the fact I rarely listen to metalcore anymore, I can't separate his terrible descent from their music, so I rarely ever play it now.

I'm really not interested in what he has to write or the music he wants to make.

hypernights. likes this.
  7. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

An Austrian Death Machine song came on shuffle so I was literally just thinking about this yesterday. I checked out his Wiki and wondered if there were any developments. Dude is scum. Can't believe he's out.

8. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I literally saw AILD live a month before he was arrested; so crazy. He seemed like a normal frontman at the show; not talking between songs all that much, but at least performing like the beast he was. So weird to see him in his situation now

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Exactly. Reminds me of when O.J. tried to release a book on how he would have actually killed his wife IF he did kill her (.....). Disgusting.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. honkytonk Feb 9, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 9, 2017)
    honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Still enjoy AILD, but definitely won't be reading his book haha. This guy deserves his unsightly steroid moobs.

Daniel182 likes this.
  11. ARo24

Regular

Wow, that was quick. I listened to AILD a couple weeks ago and it felt weird. He sure got off easy.

12. Chuck!

Regular

As a prosecutor, I remain baffled that such a light sentence was imposed

13. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Well, if this fails, there's always mommy and daddy to fall back on.

14. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

The dude would have skated through life regardless. As mentioned back when he was sentenced, his parents are well off and I'm sure would have let him fall back on them.

A real pile of shit.

15. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Did he ever get his moobs situation taken care of?

16. Iamhollywood315

Regular

so this hardcore christian puts his family, children, bandmates, family through emotional hardship, strain and abuse and now he is out of jail he is going to profit from this whole fuckery....seriously?

17. What a scumbag, I hope nobody supports him

18. goation

Regular

My friend texted me and said "I bet his next album will be killer"

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Sticky situation.

One part that stood out to me is "Mega record deal". Is there even a market for a band like this to get a "mega record deal"?

20. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

There's a market for everything. AILD was one of the biggest modern metal bands, and I doubt that at least half of those people either give a shit or don't know about the Lambesis trial.

Davjs likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

Surprised how easy he got off, shows how broken our system is. Not surprised that he's right back to making music and the book deal. Not that I'm comparing the two crimes, but once Chris Brown bounced back asap after the Rihanna thing it taught me that killing a career is almost impossible.

22. Behind the Barricade

I think the one thing no one came back from is touching kids. I believe they drew the line with pictures when Pete Townsend had them "for research".

23. Davjs

Trusted

Never heard about The Who stuff, that sucks so bad. Hopefully he was charged. Lostprophets sticks out as a band who will never work again, but NFG seemed to be able to distance themselves from it pretty well.

Schooner likes this.
  24. Crisp X Feb 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 10, 2017)
    There's a french singer, Bertrand Cantat, the frontman from one of the most beloved rock bands of the country, who murdered his wife, a well known actress, Marie Trintignant, and managed to have a succesfull comeback as a solo artist. It still disgusts me.

25. Behind the Barricade

I think it has to do with the singer or the "face" of the band. If it was Jordan or Chad, I don't think NFG would be around anymore.