Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tigers Jaw - spin (May 19, 2017) Album • Page 37

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 22, 2017.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

in my experience, 90% of people at any given show can be assholes

teebs41 likes this.
  2. leerkat

relentlessly nosy bastard

technically there wasn't really a falling out from what I know, they still interact I believe? I mean TJ and TMC are friends

teebs41 likes this.
  3. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah, no falling out as far as anyone not involved knows. Ben and Brianna are often in Adam's solo live videos and I remember the hiatus letter made it seem like the departures were a surprise.

teebs41 likes this.
  4. heroinman

Burnout

The entire series is so beautifully shot. They all look like a goddamn Kubrick movie. Hard to pick but I think this one is my favorite so far:

leerkat likes this.
  5. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Brass Ring through Same Stone doesn’t do much for me but the rest of the album is solid. This is a good album to casually listen to while doing stuff around the house.

6. musicfan10

Trusted

Agree

7. currytheword

Trusted

Bump this thread up. Album has been hitting close to home for me these past few weeks. The simplicity is part of what attracts me to them. Oh, and Brianna's vocals on June are one of the best things ever from this band.

redwing91007 and sonder like this.
  8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i'll always be down for a bump in this thread.

currytheword likes this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

Also, I tried my very best to enjoy Wicca Phase (having really enjoyed Spooky Black and the song they did together), but I think it's pretty terrible music. Like, just sounds like stuff a teen would make in their parents basement. I watched some live videos of him performing Wicca songs and good lawd it did not help at all.

10. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Really really excited for the S/T anniversary tour to start tonight. However I am not excited to rush from school to the show

currytheword likes this.
  11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

There’s a anniversary edition of S/T available on tour and RFC. Excited to pick that up at my show later this month.

12. bedwettingcosmo

wish it was coming closer to me.

13. johnnyferris

I loved spin since it’s release, yet I’m finding a even greater appreciation for it after having a really shitty couple of months to end the year.

The lyrics just hit me now way harder than they ever did.

currytheword and waking season like this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wonder when they will do another album

15. bedwettingcosmo

spin has become one of my favs of all time. can't put into words how much it means to me.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I had a pretty rough breakup last year and this hit me way harder after that

Hopefully this year! I hope they actually record with the current band and Ben doesn't play every instrument this time. Would be cool to see what everyone brings to the table. Also a few more Brianna songs would be great

17. johnnyferris

It gets better eventually.

I’d love to see the drummer (think his name is Teddy) play on their next album. He’s brought a ton of life to the spin songs live that sometimes isn’t there on record. I don’t it’s much of a loss if Luke Schwartz and the current guitar player don’t record on it. Hopefully Brianna writes some more songs too!

18. bedwettingcosmo

teebs41, currytheword and JaytotheGee like this.
  19. currytheword

Trusted

Maybe Title Fight? Superheaven? The Wonder Years? Circa?

Fronnyfron likes this.
  20. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Hop Along plz

21. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

The fill at 2:38 - 2:41 in this is why I agree.

I also listen to this recording of "Make It Up" more than the album version. Bens vocals and whatever is going on with the mix and or editing is just fantastic.

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. That sounds so good.

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

currytheword likes this.
  24. bedwettingcosmo

hnnnnggggg

YES! THEY ARE COMING TO UTAH. TWO OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BANDS HOLY EFF WHAT A NIGHT

25. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Why am I just now discovering this band? Oh man, I have a lot to listen to. Looking forward to seeing them with mewithoutYou.

currytheword and bedwettingcosmo like this.