Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tigers Jaw - spin (May 19, 2017) Album • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 22, 2017.

1. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Damn, these sound so good. Sick mix.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. musicfan10

Trusted

What songs are tgey

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Audiotree's quality always impresses me. Escape Plan is my favorite alongside Window on spin.

currytheword and teebs41 like this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Escape plan is a truly fantastic song!

6. johnnyferris

I'm going to at least two shows on the s/t anniversary tour. Having went to two of the shows on the TWY tour and getting different setlists each night I'm sure it'll be the same when it comes to the spin/Charmer songs.

teebs41 likes this.
  7. musicfan10

Trusted

I talked to Ben at my show and told him escape plan was awesome! Nice guy

teebs41 likes this.
  8. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

honestly think spin might be considered a 5/5 star album for me at this point, with about 20 other records that i've heard in my 30 years. the personal significance it holds to a certain time in my life is just too much.

Micah511 and teebs41 like this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

wow, that's awesome. I've really enjoyed the record myself, in fact I've been wanting to grab the vinyl soon. I think that a lot of people were turned off by how streamlined the sound was at times, but once you dig into the songs more and more you find that they include a lot of differences. Guardian is one of my favorite songs from last year, hands down. Incredible jam.

Jesse West, flask and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  10. bedwettingcosmo

i can see the complaints for it being super simple and samey but the songs just have so much nostalgia attached to them, its easy for me to overlook.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think if they can keep this current lineup together for a record we could get another album like spin but with a bit more complexity in the arrangements. If they did that I think they could hit a new level for a lot of people. The vocals are now super accessible and they use the duel harmonies really well. I would also like to see them experiment with some vocal harmonies outside of always using 3rds, but that's just a personal preference.

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

my thing with this is they can definitely do better. like, there are definitely solid songs but idk that there's a whole record of solid songs here. the highlights are p incredible and the nonhighlights feel like filler a lot of the time.

on a personal level, really wish all the press comparisons to In Reverie never happened bc this record doesn't really come close to In Reverie at all besides surface level stuff. the songwriting isn't as inventive or as catchy (except June, seriously one of their best, love that one). feel like I will eventually get real into this but these are (dumb) hang ups only time or a live show can fix

teebs41 likes this.
  13. musicfan10

Trusted

Just so many good songs on spin

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yea, and the live show definitely is better. Even those arrangements above include little things that the album doesn't have. I just think they need a full band to go into a studio and flesh out ideas. Pretty crazy that Ben played every guitar bass and drum note on this album.. that must have been really exhausting...haha

15. musicfan10

Trusted

I love Brianna singing more now too

teebs41 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

yes! they should do more of a 50/50 split on the next album and more back and forth vocals

jordalsh likes this.
  17. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I felt like SPIN is Tigers Jaw finally just doing what they do well without the drama that has fueled them in the past. I think the next record can be a true masterpiece if they experiment a little more. Band has massive crossover potential.

18. musicfan10

Trusted

What was the drama with the other members? Why did they have a falling out?

19. bedwettingcosmo

dunno how much drama there was, i thought it was more of the others just not wanting to make tj music anymore.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, more this

21. johnnyferris

Didn’t realize how bad some of the comments on their audiotree session until reading them. Wicca phase mentions and people living and dying by 2008

22. bedwettingcosmo

saw them live last year and can confirm their fans suck

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i wouldnt call people heckling them about wicca phase and only into their early material "fans"

24. bedwettingcosmo

well, it was 90% of the ppl at their show so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

fake fans b