Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tigers Jaw - spin (May 19, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 22, 2017.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Basically where I'm at minus not being hot on charmer. Love all their stuff besides belongs to the dead

2. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

So today I listened to Charmer (which I've only heard one other time before) and the album with the pizza on the cover and really really enjoyed both of them. I've known of this band for years and years but never gave them the time of day until now, and I'm really glad I'm doing that.

3. Kmil

Trusted

Love everything about this song, can't freaking wait for the album. I loved Charmer and self titled, band is great.

4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

TWO WORLDS

Augustus Jordal likes this.
  5. Iago

forbidden chalice.

YAY i love this

6. This album rules.

7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

cant waitttt

8. this is first class pop rock. love it

Iago likes this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

What's considered the second record? The pizza one?

11. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Yup, Belongs to the Dead was first, even though it only featured 3 of the eventual members.

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Is charmer the only one that yip did?

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I like to pretend the self titled is first

Iago likes this.
  14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yes, I think he might have engineered two worlds maaaaybe (don't quote me on that) but def charmer was the only one he produced before this one

15. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i like 100% thought they were done for. someone gimme a run down on the last two years of tigers jaw (@cwhit)

16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

ben and brianna are the only ones left and have been since like right after charmer was released
    that's about it i think lol

17. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

was that not the same with charmer?? i thought everyone left before they made that?

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

The original members agreed to record charmer since they'd already written it. It was like a parting gift or smth

Nick likes this.
  19. cwhit

oh yeah i guess idk i never really liked this band that much lol

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I also want to know how will yip has gone from a run for cover imprint to an atlantic records imprint in a year and a half.

ahhhhh ok. weird. wonder why they all left bar ben and brianna

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It's damn impressive but all the guy does is make records.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

i have my gripes with his production but that aside, it's not like any of the records he's done are BIG sellers. maybe the streaming numbers are what put him up there.

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

It's less weird knowing it was amicable and they're friends and stuff. I am not them but I remember Adam saying he only wrote for tigers jaw when he had to so he wasn't excited about it anymore as opposed to Wicca phase which he was writing for nonstop. Pat and Dennis I believe wanted to also do more with their respective bands? I'm not sure how true that is, they were less vocal about it.

Nick likes this.
  24. cwhit

beachdude42 and Contender like this.
  25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

My favorite part of it is Ben's love for In Reverie

Joe4th likes this.