Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tigers Jaw - I Won't Care How You Remember Me (March 5, 2021) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by astereo, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Iago

forbidden chalice.

"I see myself in half-light, carved from anthracite" is definitely some killer imagery. Brianna has a knack for mineral motifs in her writing and they're always so good. Very excited to hear more.

("Gemstone, like polish and acetone, for you are my sister sewn; I know you like the drive home" - June)

2. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

It’s Fine. I like it musically, chorus is a little wonky for my liking, still excited for the record.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

First thought: I am gonna wait for the full album

Second thought: Naahhhh

Third thought: A good mid album track, melody doesn't reach stand out above other songs they've done but I'm digging we now have 2 Brianna singles, wonder if the album will be more split evenly on the lead vocals.

4. The verses on that were killer. I like it way more than Cat's Cradle, but the chorus was a little forgettable besides that "psychic mirror" line.

5. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I like the chorus up until the psychic mirror part; I feel it's a bit too clunky. Although a bit simple, I like the theming behind "If I don't write it down, I won't remember / If I don't say it now, it's gone forever", and some of their best lyrics to me have been their more straightforward and honest stuff.

I'm still waiting for something to hit me like Warning (I wish it was on the record!), but for all intents and purposes, I'm still quite excited for the release.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah song is fine, seems like a weird single

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

releasing two singles 4 months ahead of release for an 11 song album seems real dumb. just gonna say it.

8. bedwettingcosmo

song/video giving me some title fight hyperview vibes. its aight. hope the rest comes through high. probably the last single i'll listen to til release.

9. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

New song has great lyrics, but is a little slow and less dynamic. Cat's Cradle is better.

Is Ben doing any singing on this record? Not that I mind hearing more of Brianna.

10. there's plenty of Ben. I'd say he still takes the lead more than Brianna does although I don't have the song-by-song breakdown in front of me.

web250 and falafelmywaffle like this.
  11. bedwettingcosmo

they already sent out promotionals? this is definitely gonna drip before march.

12. Tomozaurus

Regular

*shrug* I like the song a lot. Love the dreamy vibe, contrasts well with the louder Cat's Cradle.

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

These songs have been okay; itching to hear some Ben ones now.

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

like this much more than cats cradle

15. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I’ve been listening to this band this week for the first time ever. I’ve listened to the self titled and Spin and I absolutely love both; they feel like albums I’ve listened to for a long time. As someone who enjoys Wicca Phase, it’s really neat to hear his vocals over this kind of music!

16. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This song kind of went in one ear and out the other. My expectations are slightly lower with these two songs. Sounds like them treading water with slightly more interesting drums and beefier bass.

17. bedwettingcosmo

i unfortunately agree. spin is one of my all time favs but this sounds like watered down spin 2.0. hope the other 9 are stellar.

18. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this is good, a little slower but I still really enjoy it. A more varied record that pulls from their various eras/elements would be cool.

19. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

"Lemon Mouth" is amazing. Not sure I'm listening to the same song as some of you . . .

Tomozaurus and Contender like this.
  20. bedwettingcosmo

maybe i'm just lukewarm on waiting 3 more months to hear the damn thing. dont wanna outwear the singles. really wanna enjoy this in full.

21. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Doesn't really remind of Spin. I love the direction the album seems to be in the indie pop realm so far.

22. might fuck around and get into this band actually

23. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I've listened to spin like 10 times this week and I'm convinced it's a genuine gem of an album

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Ben was on Jeremy Bolms podcast today. Good listen down memory lane

That 2009-2013 era of TJ will always have a super special place for me

Orla likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Excited for that