Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tigers Jaw - I Won't Care How You Remember Me (March 5, 2021) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by astereo, Oct 20, 2020.

1. "well this sounds just exactly like a Tigers Jaw album!" I say to myself as I put this on for the fourth time this evening

Jim, Tomozaurus and MexicanGuitars like this.
  2. [​IMG]

jordalsh likes this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

spin pt 2? i'm in.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So bizarre they sent this out to press while we have to wait til March lol

Tomozaurus likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yet another reason why Hopeless sucks

astereo likes this.
  6. lmao hopeless doesn’t handle this band’s press

7. Anthony_

They don’t handle when the album comes out, which is what I was talking about? News to me.

8. It didn’t come across as that so my apologies

9. Anthony_

Yeah I meant the album is clearly totally finished and in people's hands already, so why set the release date in goddamn March ya know? Hopeless sucks.

10. Fuck if I know but I do know that there are a lot of bands who have finished albums and they are sitting on them

So either
    1. TJ hopes some touring can happen in the spring (obviously highly unlikely)
    Or
    2. They wanted to make sure physical product like vinyl will be done by then

but then they could have waited to announce the record till January or something but maybe they are releasing a shit ton of singles like Hayley Williams or Knuckle Puck did

11. Anthony_

Yeah idk, the whole touring thing doesn't really make sense like you said because they ain't touring anywhere other than, like, New Zealand come March lol. Maybe they do want to wait until vinyl is guaranteed to be ready. I guess that would make the most sense. It's a just a frustratingly long time.

12. in normal circumstances you sometimes see this at the end of the year. they probably weren't going to be ready in November, didn't want to release in December or January or February. there's kind of a dead zone for releases they were trying to avoid I guess. I remember Ratboys was announced around this time last year for a last day of Feb release

but yeah idk why they couldn't hold the announcement to January but :shrug2:maybe it's because it's been like four years, they want to get their name out there again and remind everyone they're still around idk

13. I honestly think it’s gonna be similar to what Hayley Williams and Knuckle Puck did - both had long lead times but they released new music every month leading up to it

14. Yeah true also Architects and Julien Baker also have long lead times too

December and January are dead months for new releases too unless you’re a super star artist where it doesn’t matter

jordalsh likes this.
  15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I've appreciated the bands that have gone ahead with an early digital release and done pre-orders for physical shipping months later.

Anthony_ likes this.
  16. bedwettingcosmo

god i hope they don't release a shit ton of singles ahead of march but that's probably where we're going huh.

17. Anthony_

yeah like The Dirty Nil, dropping their record on New Year's Day like bosses

18. appears to be four total singles

19. bedwettingcosmo

god damnit. worst album roll out.

20. you don't have to listen to them .... ????

21. bedwettingcosmo

if they are out there i cant help myself

22. I listened to spin yesterday (well, and Charmer and s/t) and it really still bangs. it does blend together but idk if it really bothers me too much. "Bullet," "June," and "Window" are all best TJ song contenders for me

23. bedwettingcosmo

i think spin is my third favorite record of all time.

24. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Default superstar artist with the super-starred shirts

sonder, JaytotheGee and Anthony_ like this.
  25. Iago

forbidden chalice.

New single!

sonder and Tomozaurus like this.