Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tigers Jaw - I Won't Care How You Remember Me (March 5, 2021) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by astereo, Oct 20, 2020.

1. flask

Trusted Supporter

If Warn Me had been the first single I would have smashed that pre order instantly. This song is fine.

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve never gotten into Tigers Jaw but want to start. Do I start with the pizza album?

falafelmywaffle and astereo like this.
  3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I would start with spin and work backwards

4. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I would only listen to Spin and Charmer and forget the rest.

5. congruence

Got a light?

This song feels very safe and not an evolution for them at all, disappointing.. hope there’s more slower/non power chord driven songs on here

6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Charmer is the best IMO

morgantayler and travisred like this.
  7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Start with pizza and go forward

SamLevi11 and Weird LiBrary like this.
  8. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Start with Charmer, go to spin, then Tigers Jaw, then Two Worlds.

It lets you experience the final glimpses of the original era of the band, which has some of their best work, and then you move into what the band has grown into. After that, you'll be able to look at how the band got to where they were. Starting with the self-titled, imo, feels too removed from where they are rn.

You can also start with spin and go backwards

TriangularDuck likes this.
  9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

S/T and Two Worlds will always be my favorite and I think you should definitely just go in order

Boooooo terrible

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

please ban from thread, thanks.

11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Those other albums are not good.

12. bedwettingcosmo

[IMG]

13. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Spin and these new songs are just miles ahead of all the previous stuff imo. I can’t even listen to old stuff.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I just noticed Ben looks a lot like Jeremy Strong and therefore they should cover L To The OG

Cats Cradle is super catchy, I like Brianna's voice but I do think it would help if Ben's vocals were louder, it sounds a little thin as is

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  15. Leftandleaving

two worlds isn't good but self titled is cool

16. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Two Worlds is great, my second favorite of theirs behind Charmer

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

Spin is probably their best if you’re looking for something polished, but I think their first two records are their most interesting

18. bedwettingcosmo

i think charmer is the better album, but spin just holds so much sentimental value with me.

spin
    charmer
    pizza
    spirit desire
    belongs to the dead
    two worlds

bout to throw their discog on shuffle

19. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I haven't listened to spin in a while and man it still goes

20. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I think that SPIN perfected everything Tigers Jaw had been trying to do up until that point, but it teeters dangerously close to being too formulaic at times. There are parts on the older albums that are more interesting because it sounds young and energetic, but nothing is close to the consistency of SPIN.

21. Honestly, I would start with the B&C split they did but then again, I don't like Charmer at all and I only like a couple scattered tracks from the S/T and Two Worlds so I don't know if I'm the best fan to give that advice. Spin was the first thing since the B&C split where I actually liked it all the way through.

22. Leftandleaving

That’s wild - I think charmer is their best easy

23. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

New song is awesome. I got some strong Saves The Day - In Reverie vibes from it.

24. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

I agree, Warn Me is a jam and Cat’s Cradle is just okay. I’ll still probably pre-order due to my love of Spin and hoping they make another sick album.

25. Out of curiosity, what draws you to it? I honestly found it kind of dull, nothing caught my attention. Admittedly I probably haven't listened to it since it released.