Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tigers Jaw - I Won't Care How You Remember Me (March 5, 2021) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by astereo, Oct 20, 2020.

1. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I feel like this band always does long rollouts.

2. zacooper

Regular

Preorders just went up for their membership club. March date confirmed.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Great song. June is one of the most popular songs from Spin, so I'm not surprised a song led by Brianna was chosen as the single. Her hooks are always catchy.

Micah511 likes this.
  4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

Ah shit so they haven't launched general preorders? i need me some merch.

5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

This song is an easy one to hit repeat on

6. Funny that there's a song on this album called "Anniversary" because the single sounds like a lost Anniversary song. This is awesome.

Leftandleaving and jordalsh like this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

my one hope after Spin was more Brianna songs, would love this to be a 50/50 split

waking season likes this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It'll be up at 1PM

justin. and bedwettingcosmo like this.
  9. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Single is great, sad that now there's about 4 months to the album but oh well.

10. bedwettingcosmo

preordered the white longsleeve and the cd so i can blast it in my car. the vinyl variants look super dope.

11. Kmil

Trusted

Honestly as much as I like them having their own songs, I think they really shine when they interchange amongst each other in a song, and it doesn't happen nearly enough.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

13. bedwettingcosmo

oh HELL YES

14. Anthony_ Oct 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 22, 2020)
    Anthony_

Yeah I agree with this. Hum and Distress Signal are probably my favorite songs on Charmer and Blurry Vision is one of my favorite songs on Spin.

Kmil likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed 100% I don't know why they don't do it more

The OG version of Distress Signal is one of my fav TJ songs

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Totally agree. Hum, Distress Signal, Blurry Vision, etc.

Give me more of that

falafelmywaffle and Kmil like this.
  17. I loved Brianna's songs on spin but I'm not feeling this one. Hopefully they shake up their sound a bit more on the record!

jkauf, falafelmywaffle and congruence like this.
  18. Andy sounds great with Ben on the title track - it's subtle but great

jkauf, Jim, ship90 and 3 others like this.
  19. SPine

Trusted

Looks like there’s been some band member changes? I haven’t kept up with them lately. Really dig the new song.

20. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This song is really fun! Brianna’s voice is so beautiful, and it doesn’t sound like it’s indicative of a Spin rehash which was my biggest worry. A 4 month rollout for a 34 minute album is pretty dumb but whatever, hopefully that just means there’s more time for the anticipation to build.

21. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think that just added two new members instead of being a two-man team.

22. Iago

forbidden chalice.

IM HERE FOR IT!!!

Charmer is an incredibly important album for me, so much so that I got it signed by Brianna and Ben during their Kevin Devine/Cymbals Eat Guitar tour. It was such a small and intimate venue that I was able to be fortunate enough to have a very long and impactful conversation with the both of them. I asked them what their biggest inspirations were as artists and Ben's eyes absolutely lit up talking about Save The Day's In Reverie; he was so happy to talk about it and it felt like a genuine, human experience with people I looked up to.

Spin was an incredible album and I still revisit it all the time, even more so than Charmer. Definitely a lot of hard hitting lyricism in it, and looking back at it now, I think the two are exceptionally incredible writers in that regard.

Super stoked for this album. Definitely one of my anticipated for the next year.

figureitout likes this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Luke isn't in the band anymore

SPine likes this.
  24. Anthony_

can definitely hear In Reverie influence on Spin tbh now that you mention his affinity for it

25. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Teddy’s been the drummer for a long time now and I think Colin came in originally on guitar when Pat Benson left the band.