Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Tidal

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by copey, Feb 5, 2019.

1. copey

Regular

Anyone here use Tidal as their main streaming provider?

Recently checked it out for the first time in years (due to free trial to check out the Plex integration).

As someone who really dislikes how Spotify has been going and has been mostly satisfied with AppleMusic, I was pleasantly surprised by how nice Tidal is right now.

Curious if others use the service at all & didn't see any existing threads

2. SincerelyEmma

Is there a way to upload songs that aren't on Tidal into your library yet? I did a trial once and really liked it but that was the one feature that made me stick with Apple Music. I have too many albums that aren't on streaming I'd want to be able to listen to on my phone. I've gone back and forth between Apple and Spotify a couple times since Rdio died but I don't love either of them.

3. copey

Regular

Not that I've seen.

Same here between AM & Spotify. After a few months on a service I inevitably get fed up with whatever shortcomings and jump ship again. Rinse, repeat.

SincerelyEmma likes this.
  4. I've been using Tidal for close to a year now and while I enjoy it overall I really wish they'd tighten up their artists. Can't tell you the number of times I've pulled up an artist only to see their discography littered by other people/bands with the same name (this is particularly bad for people who perform under their real name).

The catalog is also lacking in some places but I don't know that that's really on them.

5. One thing I do like (beyond the higher artist payouts) is that they integrate with Serato, so if I'm DJing an event and have internet, I've got everything they have at my disposal.