Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ticketmaster Will Pay $10 Million for Hacking Rival Ticket Seller

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The Verge:

Ticketmaster has agreed to pay $10 million for breaking into a competitors’ network. The company and its parent Live Nation admitted to hiring a former employee from rival ticket seller CrowdSurge, then using his knowledge — including old usernames and passwords — to learn CrowdSurge’s inner workings and “cut [the company] off at the knees.”

“Ticketmaster employees repeatedly — and illegally — accessed a competitor’s computers without authorization using stolen passwords to unlawfully collect business intelligence,” said acting US attorney Seth DuCharme. “Further, Ticketmaster’s employees brazenly held a division-wide ‘summit’ at which the stolen passwords were used to access the victim company’s computers.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

My Goodness,

Why is this world so fucking evil?

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Ticketmaster doing something unsavory?? No way!!

4. xenoabe

Regular

We already had enough reasons to hate TM, we didn't need another.

5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

[​IMG]

6. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Keep in mind, that’s on top of the $110 million they had to pay to settle things on the civil end. Yikes all around.

7. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

How is this company still allowed to exist? There's been so many large scale infractions in my 10 years of adulthood alone. God only knows what stuff goes on that we don't know about.

8. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Even with another settlement, this is way too fucking cheap.

Attempting to cripple another company, Jesus, just evil.

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Classism. We’re not fighting each other.

Ruston likes this.
  10. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

I'm sure they will just pass this along to the consumer in the form of more fees since they basically have a monopoly on the market... This company makes me never want to go to shows again with the way they take advantage of everyone, but then you also hurt the artists. It's a no-win situation.

zachmacD likes this.