Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ticketmaster Post Initial List of Shows Eligible for Vouchers • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 21, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

since the vouchers are good through 2020, does that mean there will be more shows announced through that time?

2. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

If I had to guess, since this is livenation/ticketmaster we are talking about and they couldn't even get their first set of shows to use to codes correctly, I highly doubt they will ever announce more.

3. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Can you only get shitty lawn tickets or something? I keep trying my codes on these tickets that aren't pit tickets or anything, but aren't really far away either and it keeps saying I can't use the codes even though it said the concert still had voucher tickets available.

4. kailaincolor

they're only for GA tickets so I would assume at most of these concerts that means lawn tickets.

5. OdeToTheSun

Ø

I tried lawn tickets for Prophets Of Rage and it still didn't work. Says "sorry, the voucher code you entered cannot be used to purchase these tickets. Please double check your code and try again." on everything I've done. For the other concert I REALLY wanted tickets for, they don't even have the lawn open for that one.

6. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Yeah this is kinda bullshit considering just about every concert ticket I've ever bought was in NYC or Long Island :/

7. bruinrk

Only for general admission

8. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Another thing I just noticed, the amount of shows dropped from 400+ to now 300+, Ticketmaster/Live Nation is dropping the ball imensely...

9. Maybevictor Jun 21, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 21, 2016)
    Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Looks like they are adding / removing shows as vouchers are claimed. Five minutes ago I noticed some HOB Dallas shows that weren't there before and claimed a pair of Boys Like Girls tickets and now they are all gone.

Also: just checked again and it looks like the list has gone down to 289 and back up to 305 in the last hour, so I'm assuming this has to do with people putting tickets in their cart.

10. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

This is so poorly done it's ridiculous, I see the Marianas Trench tour available now as well. Just not the New Orleans date, I'm so pissed...

11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

On the other hand they are basically free tickets, can't complain too much, I guess.

12. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Well considering they were fucking us all, I think we can complain about a monopolized business always doing things wrong...

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Free tickets are free tickets - ok, we paid for them already.... But we'll maybe be able to go to a free show.

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the list changed so much overnight lol

15. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

And none of them work anyway

16. cwhit

they added a whole different venue that's close to me, was actually gonna try to get jeremih tickets haha

17. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

I tried to grab tickets to Relient K/Switchfoot there for the nostalgia, but they were sold out, without any word from Ticketmaster of course, just the error code.

Also answer my slack DM

18. cwhit

also a bunch of philly shows showed up too, small places too!
    also the answer is no fuck yr rajai

19. cwhit

says through may '17, but also only 10 million worth of tickets

20. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

*Loses 400 million dollar settlement, gives out only 10 million dollars worth of tickets*

Scumbag Ticketmaster

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Free is Free - if we can use them.

22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

You keep saying free is free, but fact of the matter is that this is not free. We've all paid for this.

Also, I've yet to be able to successfully redeem any of the "free" tickets and the show list keeps changing/getting worse and worse. We'll see what eventually pans out, but I'm not expecting much from ticketmaster.

To anyone who has successfully redeemed your "free" tickets, how much service charge did you have to pay? I assume the fees are not included in the "free" tickets.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Totally free, no service fees at all.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. Really surprised by that, but glad to hear it. Hope I can use the vouchers I have since the only shows listed now and ones that are on Groupon/Goldstar anyway and even those I can't manage to get to accept my vouchers.

25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Yeah, it's really peculiar. I managed to get two blink tickets yesterday, but before I was able to I got one of two different error codes over and over. I tried getting more afterwards for friends and got the error codes once again until the show was delisted completely. Really curious what kind of followup action if any the prosecution can take on this if they continue to suck this hard.