Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ticketmaster Details Taylor Swift Chaos • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 21, 2022.

1. sowrongitsryan

Regular

I mean… it was broken up by the four time zones lol. Staggering into different times on different days would have been very difficult to communicate to customers. They would have had a massive number of angry people because some people would have sworn that they saw tickets were supposed to go on sale at a different time. What they did was fine. The problem is that demand/bots/impulse buying is just getting bigger and bigger with every new hot commodity. It’s easy to say “they should have been prepared!” but they’re fighting something that’s out of their control (even though they helped create the environment, along with merch drops, etc). Until we can learn how instant gratification is destroying our impulses (unfortunately we will never), this is the reality we live in. I mean… Yellowcard, a band most people have moved on from, froze a website that handles vinyl sales all the time because they dropped Lights and Sounds, their worst album lol.

2. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

I mean... This seems like a "people" issue. Everyone has a phone, every phone has a calendar/reminders app, lol. Doesn't seem like it would be any harder to communicate a few different onsale times than it is to communicate a few different presale times (one of which ended up being moved 24 hours on a dime and people still figured it out). I donno. Your point about instant gratification is 100% valid. But we can agree to disagree on "what they did was fine".

3. brothemighty

Trusted

Lol what happened to it was Taylor's fault for not touring in a while?

They must be feeling that DoJ heat and trying to get the Swifties back on their side. Good luck, fucks

macbethfan and Raku like this.
  4. DaysHaveNoNumbers

Newbie Supporter

If the artists/venues/ticketmaster all benefit from ticket sales and the associated service fees, the only party getting screwed over in all this are the fans. Heck, the more and more a ticket is resold = more service fees = more money in the pockets of the artist/venue/ticketmaster. I don't know what it's going to take to make a change, but I don't think we're going to get an artist (in this case Taylor) going to war with ticketmaster or vice versa. I think for an artist like Taylor it would look bad to learn how much she earns from ticket fees and reseller fees, whether she is knowing of it or not.