Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ticketmaster Cancels Taylor Swift Public Sale

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. heymattrick

Sending my love

This is wild. I was able to get tickets for the first show in Phoenix with Paramore, but was hoping to get tickets for one of the Denver shows too. It wouldn't let me in, because it said I was a Verified Fan but not for that particular date. However, a little later, I was able to get in to the screen where you select seats (although it wouldn't let me purchase without a code). But at that point, sometime between 1-2 hours after the onsale had started, almost the entire stadium was still available for sale. Maybe a few hundred or thousand seats sold, but the overwhelming majority of seats (for the Fri 7/14 Denver show) were still unsold. Not saying that more didn't sell throughout the day, but I don't believe this entire tour is completely sold out right now.

3. AndrewRnR

My guess is strain on the system would've wrecked all on sales, so easier to punt just Taylor Swift for now vs screwing up the hundreds of other folks putting tickets on sale today.

4. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Ticketmaster is probably running on the same software they use to tabulate votes in elections. They should update to Windows 95 at a minimum.

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

[​IMG]

SuNDaYSTaR and falafelmywaffle like this.
  6. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Ticketmaster was not, in fact, ready for this.

7. sblackburn

Regular

My sister got two tickets, $98 each. Had to wait 3 hours.

Brent likes this.
  8. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Ironic, because if there's someone with the available capital to create a somewhat legit alternative to Ticketmaster and end its monopoly, that would be her.

Edit: I realized it somewhat sounds like I'm partially blaming her for the whole situation, which I'm 100% not doing.