Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Ticketmaster Awards Free Show Vouchers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Sabrina Weiss, from Refinery 29, explaining why you may have some free ticket vouchers available from Ticketmaster:

The 50 million customers who purchased tickets from Ticketmaster.com between October 21, 1999, and February 27, 2013, are eligible to receive at least one (and up to 17) vouchers good for two free tickets to an event. They’ll also receive discount codes (up to 17) for $2.25 toward the purchase of future tickets and, if they arranged for UPS delivery in past transactions, up to 17 coupons of $5 toward future UPS charges. To see what you’ve got, log in to your Ticketmaster account, click on My Account, and then Active Vouchers.

I wonder what the “eligible events” will be.

2. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

I still am not seeing anything I can use this on. I tried for bigger events like Blink and Adele and even ones like Phish and nothing is accepted yet.

3. yeahrightdude Jun 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 19, 2016)
    yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I got 17 free pairs and 17 $2.50 discounts on 2 different accounts each.

A friend of mine said he thinks the terms and conditions make it sound like the free tickets won't be usable until either 1 year has passed or after a certain number of the discounts have been redeemed which ever comes first.

Also that they are required to make the free ticket vouchers available for at least %60 of all Live Nation events

4. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I think it's still being sorted out what it can be used on. I think it might be certain eligible venues that work with live nation

5. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah tried them on some low budget shows and tours and nothing works.

6. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Mine won't even load. This organization is a clown show. #TeamPearlJam

Ken likes this.
  7. shawnhyphenray

Regular

I got 17 free ticket codes AND 17 $2.25 discounts

8. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Looks like I'm part of the 17 free ticket codes and 17 $2.25 discounts club!

They expire in 4 years.

I'm interested to see what the eligible shows end up being.

9. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Got 15 .free vouchers... I'm happy they're good for so long. I expect them to seriously screw up the first 6 months - 1 year of this voucher program. Hoping they put up some decent shows, but with so many free vouchers I probably won't be too picky.

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

there's literally a list that it can be used on.
    that list is currently empty
    don't try on just random things, it will tell you what they are

TuneYouOut likes this.
  11. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I have no vouchers. Boo.

12. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

Does this apply to Canadians? I don't see an "Active Vouchers" tab.

13. bachna84

I just wonder when events will be added to the list. Seems kind of dumb to give out vouchers when there are no events to use them on.

Like somebody else said, I expect there to be some issues with the vouchers/eligible events for the next several months.

What I could see happening is no event being voucher eligible initially and then depending on sales, events will become eligible closer to the event date. So pretty much the vouchers would only be good for events that aren't selling well in the first place. I could be wrong, but that's just my guess.

14. bachna84

I'm not Canadian and I really have no idea if it applies to you or not...but for me, I clicked My Account and then there is a link at the very bottom that says Active Vouchers. There's not a separate tab for Active Vouchers at the top of the page or anything.

I hope that helps.

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

ticketmaster didn't want to give out vouchers in the first place...I'm sure they're doing the best they can to lose the least money possible

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I received 14 ticket vouchers but I am not expecting to be able to redeem them for shows I am interested in.

17. heymattrick

Sending my love

Very nice...I also got the 17 free and 17x $2.25 vouchers. I buy a lot of concert tickets so even the 2.25 each order will be helpful, considering they don't expire until 2020. Curious to see what I can buy with the 17 pairs of free "general admission" tickets...free shows are free shows.

18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pretty sure every venue around here stopped using ticketmaster because of their bullshit.

19. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's a good point, i don't remember the last show where I used TM.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Come to think of it, House of Blues and both amphitheaters in Chicago are the only venues I go to that use Ticketmaster here. Most venues here don't.

21. Dan O'Neill

Regular

Sweet, I have 11 vouchers! I forgot about this deal.

22. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

What was the lawsuit even about? I assumed it was the crazy service charges but they are still excessive.

23. Shenevercalled

Newbie Supporter

Turns out they only work on Nickelback shows!?!

24. localinsomniac

WHAT. SHUT UP. WHAT.

I would love to know what the terms of the settlement were. If they can't be allowed to finagle this so nobody gets to use the vouchers, right?

25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Got 17 and 17 too. I was able to use 2 of the $2.25 vouchers towards my Kanye ticket, but it wouldn't let me apply any more than that. Also can't see any shows listed on the "free" ones.