Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday Band • Page 82

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Deathco_019

Drummer

Hmmm...

1. At This Velocity
    2. Sparks Against The Sun
    3. Friends In The Armed Forces
    4. Signals Over The Air
    5. Autobiography Of A Nation
    6. Introduction

Ken likes this.
  2. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

This is way more difficult than I thought it would be. Autobiography is definitely my top choice, but every other song could easily be #2. If you asked me tomorrow, I'd probably rank them differently. Introduction would obviously be last each time, but I still really like that short song... although I think you could make an argument that it's really one song Introduction + Streaks in the Sky.

Autobiography Of A Nation
    Signals Over The Air
    Friends In The Armed Forces
    At This Velocity
    Sparks Against The Sun
    Introduction

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

signals over the air
    friends
    sparks
    velocity
    autobiography
    introduction

Ken likes this.
  4. devenstonow

Noobie

My post was a joke because @cwhit referenced the blink thread =(

cwhit and Ken like this.
  5. Deathco_019

Drummer

We don't joke around here in the Thursday thread.

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This is pretty much why I didn't go, that show was only a few months ago and I'm seeing The menzingers tour on Friday. Next time they roll around I'll Definitely be there and maybe they will play a few more 2011 songs then ha

cwhit likes this.
  7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah, i have vince friday but i don't feel too bad about it haha

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Even if I had gone to the holiday show I would've still hit up this tour. Thursday is an all-time band for me, so I'll see them any chance I get. Still extremely excited for next month

9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Autobiography
    Sparks

Velocity
    Friends

Signals
    Intro

10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The fourth song on each record? Why even compare/rank those?

11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

But why not?

js977 and Letterbomb31 like this.
  12. Deathco_019

Drummer

I love Thursday way too much to skip their Philly show, especially with Touche on the bill as well. Thursday is one of those bands I wanna see every time they come around

Ken, ramomcferno and Joe4th like this.
  13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Are you new here? >-p

Ken likes this.
  14. Yeah I'd love to see them play a longer set but fuck it I never thought I was gonna get to see this band live at all

Deathco_019 likes this.
  15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

No I get chorus loves their rankings (been seeing it for 12 years) but this one just doesn't make sense to me haha.

Ken and KidLightning like this.
  16. Deathco_019

Drummer

I know people are a bit surprised at the amount of songs from WATT that they've since last year (7/11 songs), but I'm actually a little more surprised at how much they've played from Common Existence. They've played 5/11 songs from that album and that's more than they've been playing from ACBTBD and ND, which is surprising to me considering they've gone on record to say how much they disliked that era as a band as well.

Definitely not complaining though because CE rules and so does WATT.

17. CE is my least-favorite Thursday record by far except Waiting. A set that is equal parts ACBTLD, ND, WATT and FC is ideal in my book.

18. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Every Thursday setlist is a good setlist but I wouldn't complain if they only played like two songs from Full Collapse and peppered in more songs from A City onwards. But really I shouldn't complain bc Turnpike Divides is on the setlist

19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'd love to see Thursday play CE in its entirety. I'd go nuts.

CoffeeEyes17 and Joe4th like this.
  20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I'd be down for any album in full probably

Ken likes this.
  21. Joe4th

I wish they would drop a few FC songs. Really don't need Cross Out the Eyes. I wish they would play a few different songs from ACBTLD

Ken likes this.
  22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Wait but if they only played cross out the eyes and understanding in a car crash that's all the FC anyone needs

Wish they'd play Sugar in the Sacrament so same dude

Joe4th likes this.
  23. Joe4th

Standing on the Edge of Summer should replace one of the FC songs, probably my favorite on the album next to How Long is the Night

Cameron, js977 and Ken like this.
  24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'd rather hear Autobiography of a Nation, A Hole in the World, I am the Killer, Standing on the Edge of Summer, Wind Up, and How long is the Night over Cross out the Eyes. Understanding is usually so good live, it's hard to to knock it, but yeah, those over Understanding too. Especially after hearing it live so much.

Joe4th likes this.
  25. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I've only seen Thursday live once at a festival so I'm not sick of either of those songs but if they tour regularly then I would be inclined to agree except I'd just want no more FC songs til they play the stuff they don't usually play anymore

Ken likes this.