Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday Band • Page 156

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Jan 29, 2016.

1. flask

Trusted Supporter

That’s be hilarious actually.

also one of the other libraries is San Diego. I’m thinking SD, Pomona, and probably SF.

2. 5Stories

Regular

I'm just so used to hyped Thursday announcements being a bit disappointing haha

3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

kyle likes this.
  4. flask

Trusted Supporter

Guess I’m seeing Thursday twice in 3 days.

irthesteve and Ken like this.
  5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

That's right guys. Keep booking those shows. Keep practicing. Keep thinking of song ideas and writing together during rehearsal sessions.

6. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

The Roxy show sold out in a flash, so I'll be making the trip out to Pomona to see them in December. I am so damn excited to see them one more time. I never thought I'd get to see them again.

7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Looks like Common Existence and No Devolucion got taken off Apple Music, in the US in least. So lame.

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wtf

edit: it's showing up fine for me? i think it's under a different thursday artist page than the main one for whatever label reason

beachdude likes this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

You're right, I just saw them gone from the main artist page and didn't check that carefully. Good ol' Apple Music lol, this sort of thing happens all the time

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Soooo I’m really buzzed, and listening to KtHL. Is there a better B Sides album!? Man so much nostalgia associated with this release for me. I remember vividly my mom taking me to Target, and I saw this + The Alchemy Index. Bought both, and didn’t understand the concept of a B Sides Album. Was very disappointed whilst playing Mass Effect, and listening to it. Confused why it was just three new songs, and a bunch of live/re worked tracks.

It’s perf now obvs.

that bassline in VoaS is still so good

11. Dead Songs is the best At The Drive-In song that never was

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Like it’s really creepy you said that cuz right after I was done I put on Acrobatic Tenement....

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. 5Stories

Regular

London shows Sunday and Monday!!! Got the Monday and Tuesday off work for recovery purposes so I can GO HARD

Mattww and beachdude like this.
  14. Well, that means I listened to that album a few hours before you as well haha

15. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Same, except I ran out of holiday so I’ve got to work Tuesday :tear: Still I’m proper stoked for these shows.

16. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

The documentary/live performances included with Kill The House lights are great also.

17. 5Stories

Regular

Tonight was the most fun I've had in ages. Full Collapse + Otherside of the Crash, Beyond the Visible Spectrum, Jet Black New Year, Ever Fallen In Love, War All the Time.

We go again tomorrow. B-)

No Andrew or Tim (Stu from No Devotion on bass) but still sounded sick.

By the end of this tour I will have seen them 8 times since the comeback... Would be amazing to get new music one day, but still couldn't be happier seeing them play.

Attached Files:

Ken, Yellowcard2006, duffe and 4 others like this.
  18. Mattww

Regular

I don't have the words to describe how incredible the two London shows were. The band were as tight as ever and the crowd at both shows was super friendly and utterly engaged with the band, there was so much energy and emotion in the room both nights. I love the ballroom because the acoustics are brilliant.

The set for the WATT show was the full album then counting 54321, jet black, no answers, ever fallen in love (with Chris from saves the day), understanding then closed on turnpikes.

I think that's right.

The moment of the night for me was when they played this song brought to you with just Tom on keys and Geoff singing. The lighting dropped and Geoff knelt in the middle of the stage, spotlight on him. Tom stopped the piano at the end of the song and Geoff sang by a falling bomb over and over and you could hear a pin drop in the crowd. All of a sudden the band kicked in the lights went up and they played steps ascending. Utterly jaw dropping. I got it on video so I'll try and upload to YouTube at some point.

Ken, Yellowcard2006, 5Stories and 5 others like this.
    Ken, Mattww, Bane and 3 others like this.
  20. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

5Stories, Cameron, airik625 and 4 others like this.
  21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

22. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

"There must be somewhere that cigarettes burn through the night
    And the leaves don't abandon their trees to the light
    Where the sky's always clear
    And the summer never ends
    Won't you take me there?"

Best Thursday song and the "won't you take me there?" line is the best Thursday moment. Considering getting another tattoo to go with my dove that has some Autumn leaves with the won't you take me there line

23. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

what a song

24. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I see your "won't you take me there" and raise you a

"I've been thinking about those days I wanted to sleep
    And you'd wake me up just before you'd leave
    And I'd fall back into a dream:
    Walking in fresh city snow that you'd never seen
    And I'd never leave your side."

5Stories, Cameron, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Think this has to be it for me. Chills every single time

jciswhatis and Yellowcard2006 like this.