Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday Band • Page 153

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Yellowcard2006 Oct 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 10, 2019)
    Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Stoked for new No Devotion, United Nations and solo stuff.

Everything but new Thursday but I'll take it. Maybe in a few years...

Ken likes this.
  2. No Devotion just became my most anticipated 2020 release. Looking forward to hearing the interview later

Ken likes this.
  3. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

what was said about Thursdizzle?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. socklord

Trusted

Been a while since I’ve listened to that No Devotion album, but I’m down for some new music from them. Will have to make time for the first album sometime this weekend

5. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

They aren't writing and once they finish the Japan dates this year that'll be it but he's still open to doing more (tours, new music) in the future but not every one in the band loves touring and has more going on in their lives than just music.

6. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Yeah, it definitely sounded like a "one day when they can" situation. He sounds in a good place right now, and that he's at peace with their situation, which made me think he feels it's not over, just unknown when it'll be time again.

7. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

hopefully tomorrow

5Stories and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  8. But it's Saturday

Ken likes this.
  9. About No Devotion, this took me by surprise:

Wasn't aware of those line up changes but that's quite big. I wonder how different they'll sound like without them if they don't end up making the record with the rest of the band.

Ken likes this.
  10. The Mysterious

Yes...but a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts

They should bring in Tucker Rule on drums and Tom Keeley on guitar and Tim Payne on Bass and Steve Pedulla on rhythm guitar and

neo506, Ken, mattylikesfilms and 9 others like this.
  11. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

If they got all those members to join they could change the band name to

No Thursday Devotion

12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

All I do is devote Thursday doe

13. Anoter tidbit from the interview that wasn't mentioned here: Stu is producing the album, the main argument being that while they loved working with Fridmann on Permanence, they prefered how the demos (done by Stu first) sounded much more.

14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

or no devolucion

15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I haven't jammed "No Devolucion" in WAY too long, but the No Devotion news made me revisit it, and uh... this is one of the greatest albums of all time??

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

I could write an essay on ND.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

My mannn

Ken and beachdude like this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I have so many feelings/memories associated with ND. I’m really kicking myself for losing my physical copy.

Ken and beachdude like this.
  19. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I'm always amazed when I think about how ND was written in about a week.

Seems inhuman. Such a satisfying way to end a career.

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

When I get into my Thursday kicks I don’t turn to ND much but it certainly has a handful of my favorites. Magnets is top 3-5 song for me.

21. KyleK

Really? I guess I had completely missed that, and you'd never know based on the quality and thoughtfulness of it.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Went to revisit ND only to find out its no longer available on any streaming services or bandcamp... :tear:

23. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

You talking about in the US? I see it up on spotify.

EDIT: Oh you mean No Devotion probably which was on Collect Records so yeah...that's true. We have a corrupt pharmaceutical businessman to thank for that.

Ken, beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  24. KyleK

Yeah, I was recently annoyed by that, but at least could throw the vinyl on. In that recent interview it sounded like Geoff was working on getting a new label for No Devotion, and maybe that could unlock the old album too?

25. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Was revisiting Thursdays back catalogue today in prep for seeing them next month. I think A City By The Light Divided is by far my favourite album of theirs now.

Everything about that one is just perfect imo, some of their best choruses, a great post-punk vibe going on and the production on it is so damn good. I hope that gets repressed again sometime.