Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday Band • Page 146

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Jan 29, 2016.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The original announcement of Leg 2 of this tour came with this statement:

At the conclusion of this tour, we intend to put an end to ‘the reunion.’ When we stopped playing last time, it wasn’t on the best of terms. This time, we get to put down touring on the very highest of notes: in each other’s lives and able to pick up and play together behind closed doors whenever we want. If we are ever able to do Thursday again, it will be a new, separate chapter. Thank you all for your time, attention and friendship.

2. 5Stories

Regular

Just reading the Kerrang interview and Geoff says they really want to figure out a way of getting back to the UK before closing it. I know that doesn't affect most of you but after two trips across the pond to see them I think I deserve this haha. Fingers crossed this happens at last... I felt like those nights in Asbury Park were a very fitting farewell to seeing them, but I would absolutely love an encore. There are few things that make me genuinely excited and purely happy but seeing Thursday play will always be one.

Also Tom had open brain surgery? Jeez. I'm glad he seems to be back to full health.

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I had to miss the Williamsburg show in December and this tour because of health things coming up so I’m super bummed I didn’t get to see WATT. But I’ll take new music at any point.

4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t see why Geoff would want to do another Thursday album at the age of 40

5. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Seeing Geoff grinning ear to ear at Starland while singing This Side of Brightness was all the reunion needed to be, but I saw them play two amazing albums in full, so I got treated well.

Ken and 5Stories like this.
  6. 5Stories

Regular

Thursday's music has always had a lot of maturity so I don't see why not? It's also pretty much the same line up since Day 1 which is cool and quite unusual. They're also very welcome to keep experimenting with their sound.

Ken likes this.
  7. jciswhatis

Ugh, I hate America. Supporter

5Stories, Jim and Ken like this.
  8. Jim

Trusted Supporter

that setlist rules

Ken likes this.
  9. Jet Black!

Ken likes this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It was really fun, but soooooo hot in there. I was in the back corner and still sweat through everything. I’m very curious about tonight’s setlist. Sugar in the Sacrament was a highlight for me, as was seeing Porcelain.

No Tuesday for me which makes me sad.

Ken likes this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Really good setlist

12. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm going tonight, I'm praying they break out You Were the Cancer like they did a few nights ago in Baltimore I think it was but knowing my luck it'll be TOMORROW they do that. That's still a killer setlist though, Sugar in the Sacrament would be amazing to hear live.

Question, I got one of the tickets that comes with that special signed Full Collapse vinyl but I'm not clear if we're supposed to pick up the vinyl at the show? Did anyone else get one of those?

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I know everyone goes hard for Jet Black but at this point I've seen it so many times I wish they'd close with something else. I won't ever complain they're playing it but like gimme at this velocity or friends in the armed forces or Autumn leaves revisited!!!

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Seeing the setlists from the previous shows where they played Into the Blinding Light and You Were the Cancer has me so salty they didn't play those at the MI shows

15. shea

RIP Supporter

I might’ve sobbed if they closed with Autumn Leaves when I saw them.

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  16. Mibabalou

MUFC / NYRB Prestigious

Huge longshot but if anyone in nyc has an extra to the last two shows at St. Vitus I would do anything to get in!!!!

I live in Greenpoint and could meet at venue or anywhere to make it work!!!

17. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I think it's a given that we won't be getting any new music but I wish Epitaph or someone would throw a bunch of money into a live DVD, I know those aren't very popular anymore...

Bryan Diem likes this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They filmed the Brooklyn shows in December from a ton of different angles and very professionally. I’m assuming there is a project in the works.

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Since SRC has pressed other Island albums, I hope they eventually press that or at least SOMEONE

20. Bane

The spiciest meme

Heading home now, great show. They did NOT pull out You Were The Cancer for me which I was very sad about, BUT I did get No Answers which is one of my favs and I was very thrilled for. Also Fast to the End. Only got Counting from ACBTLD which bums me a bit that there wasn't more or a deeper cut but eh still great

Joe4th and disambigujason like this.
  21. Bane

The spiciest meme

Mulling it over now, last night's setlist was better I think but I'm still happy to have gone to at least one of these shows

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Man what I’d give to see fast to the end again. I remember seeing em open with it to confetti cannons and it was amazing.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Forever grateful I saw them three times during the No Dev tour cycle. Those songs are so good live

jciswhatis and Ken like this.
  24. Bane

The spiciest meme

Oh god I forgot to put it in my post, they also did Circuits of Fever. That was pretty dope.

adeadgod, Joe4th and Ken like this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

gjk;fdfsdjk;fsdfsd

Bane likes this.