Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday Band • Page 144

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Bane

The spiciest meme

It took me a good 2 years of really getting into Thursday to appreciate No Devolucion. I'd still pretty much rank everything outside of Waiting above it but that by no means detracts from how good of an album it is.

2. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm still recovering from full collapse on tuesday and get to see war all the time tonight.

I'm least familiar with ND and I need to really try to listen to that one a lot more.

My favorite is ACBTLD but full collapse, common existence and war all the time are all tied for #2 pretty much haha.

Ken likes this.
  3. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I think the best thing about this band is their whole discography, not one perfect album. Bigger picture band.

That being said, the only record of theirs I'd give a perfect score to is WATT. So potent.

4. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

Ken likes this.
  5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I agree with this. Great band that have such a great discography. WATT is my #1 as well, album hit me HARD and has lasted for me.

6. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

City by the light is my fave but I love all the post watt albums. Ive been throwing Thursday on shuffle lately and all the newer albums have been catching my attn way more than the older songs

Ken and littlejohn like this.
  7. Common Existence is my go-to a lot of the time because i think it's a good cross-section of all of my favorite things about them, even if I think that City and No Dev are maybe better records

8. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

hey if anybody in here is going to one of the full collapse shows and could buy me a vinyl and I'll pay for it + shipping + send you a bunch of free chick fil a sandwich coupons I'd be forever grateful.

I found out last night at the WATT show that they are only selling the full collapse vinyl on full collapse nights. was pretty disappointed.

Ken likes this.
  9. Bane

The spiciest meme

Welp guess who added a third night lol

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That sucks. Wish they had just announced it at the same time so I could have saved some money. There’s no way I can afford to stay in the city that many nights again. I’ll definitely go to the 17th but I’m not sure about the 18th now.

11. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

it sold out instantly wow haha

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Packages are still available. It’s so small I’m sure the GA limits are miniscule after everything else is taken out.

Ken likes this.
  13. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

@Ken
    are you gonna see them in PA ?

Ken likes this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

littlejohn likes this.
  15. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

awesome.

I think I liked the full collapse show more but could just be because I was in a bad spot for the beginning of WATT.

think you could grab me a FC vinyl? you know I'm good for it.

got this signed last night and would love to match it with FC.

upload_2019-1-25_10-41-8.png

16. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Do you need it to be signed? Or just a copy of the album?

littlejohn likes this.
  17. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

they were selling the signed one at the merch booth. I dont think they had unsigned ones.

18. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'll see what I can do!

littlejohn likes this.
  19. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

that would be amazing.

also if you ever want chick fil a just send me your email address.

Ken likes this.
  20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm at the Full Collapse show right now and the turnout is kinda weak. Vein is just about to go on though so maybe it will fill up more before Thursday.

littlejohn and bradsonemanband like this.
  21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Heading to WATT now

Jbent and Jim like this.
  22. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

how were the shows?

23. jmitch0906

Quorn

Wasn't able to make it for FC in Dallas but was there for WATT. Thursday sounded great, crowd seemed to fill up a little bit. Was definitely not as full as Joyce Manor (which sold out) was earlier in the week at the same venue. But I'd guess at least 75% full. I thought Vein sounded excellent, but felt like the crowd definitely did not feel them for the most part. Show didn't start til around 9. Venue looked empty before Vein came on and even after they started playing.

riotspray and littlejohn like this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

GREAT!

They both filled up more by the time Thursday came on, but still were only at about 75% capacity. Both Vein and Thursday sounded excellent. Thursday seemed like they were having a great time playing. I hope this isn't the last time I get to see them, but if it is, I'm satisfied. My only complaint is that they closed with Jet Black New Year both nights and I would have liked a different song on night 2, but I get it.

littlejohn likes this.
  25. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, I was kinda hoping for a different song on the 2nd night too but jet black is always great.

was hoping for At this velocity, but I knew they weren't going to play it.

I missed Vein both nights due to waiting for babysitter for kids so I didn't get to see them. I think I had more fun at the full collapse show but both nights were great.

riotspray likes this.