Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday Band • Page 143

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Jan 29, 2016.

1. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wonder when we’ll hear more from No Devotion. They were actively recording since the release of Permanence then went dark towards the middle of last year.

2. Bane

The spiciest meme

I missed the first night tix for St. Vitus so I managed to get this one, although I didn't realize it "Comes with a Special Collector’s edition of Full Collapse limited to only these two last shows at St. Vitus. Each record will be numbered and signed by all the band members, made out in the ticket holder’s name to stop them from being resold at a profit."

Kind of pricey but that's pretty sick.

riotspray, Joe4th and Ken like this.
  3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I went ahead and got a ticket since I had one for the 17th already. I might not need the album possibly so I’ll let everyone here know first if I decide to sell it. As long as you’d be ok having my name on your copy, lol.

Really hope this is the last one. I committed to Sunday thinking it was the last ever but I can’t stay any longer than Tuesday morning...

Joe4th likes this.
  5. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I got tickets for the first night, are they doing the vinyl for that as well? Tickets were only $40 so will we have the chance to buy at the show?

6. Bane

The spiciest meme

So I was wondering if they were gonna add a third night, especially because when you go to their site it shows 3/19 at :7:30 instead of 3/18 at 8:00 lol. But judging on the description for the ticket I bought, specifically "Comes with a Special Collector’s edition of Full Collapse limited to only these two last shows at St. Vitus" it might only be two. Unless they add a third and change the description to include it which would be.....kind of unfortunate but I could see it maybe happening lol

So that also makes me think yes, you should be able to buy it at the show. Unless it was already an option when buying for the first night? I missed the first one so I'm not sure.

K0ta likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think the idea is that the first was originally intended to be a one-off, but the overwhelming demand made them change their minds. There wasn’t any option to buy the album on the first date, but I’m assuming it will be sold there.

K0ta likes this.
  8. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm still hoping for some post WATT stuff at this celebration but I'm not gonna hold my breath too much, especially since they're doing this Full Collapse release. I'll be happy all the same but man some ACBTLD stuff would be dope. And then I still need to see You Were the Cancer live.

But it also depends on what they mean by "intimate". Maybe more stripped down versions of things? Or maybe literally intimate for the location space alone.

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m sure it will be like the NYE shows in last years where they do mostly the hits from FC and WATT but also do a lot of deep cuts from every album that never get played.

10. Bane

The spiciest meme

HOLY SHIT the last time they've played Autumn Leaves Revisited was February 2007, and a grand total of 10 times ever????

what the fuck man

excuse me 9 times ever not 10, jesus

SteveLikesMusic and Joe4th like this.
  11. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

the show in austin last night was great.

had the most fun I've had at a show in a really long time.

I'm glad it's not back to back nights though, I'm really sore and exhausted and need a night off in between.

SteveLikesMusic and Joe4th like this.
  12. 5Stories

Regular

I'm so sad they've never made it back to the UK since the reunion but at least I've still commuted to see them 6 times in the States so I take some comfort

13. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Yeah there was no option when I bought the ticket, so I was confused when they said it would be available at the last 2 shows - now I'm a bit miffed about it thinking it was the last show, haha. It's gonna be amazing either way.

14. littlejohn

Prestigious Prestigious

i really want to buy the full collapse vinyl but $45 is kinda steep.

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

And I saw one of them!

Larry David likes this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic Jan 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 23, 2019)
    SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Shoutout to “Love Has Led Us Astray”.

17. Jbent

Trusted

I love Common Existence. Definitely my favorite Thursday era.

Dirty Sanchez, Ken and Larry David like this.
  18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

One of the most underrated Thursday tracks!

19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Waterstreet club side? They ended with it! I was there too

disambigujason likes this.
  20. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Went back to No Devolucion the other day and man, I feel like I am missing something. Easily my least favorite of their albums and borderline unlistenable for me...feel like on paper the progression should be right up my alley but jeez does it miss the mark for me.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

It literally took years for me to appreciate No Devolucion.

Zac Djamoos and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  22. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I remember there being a stream on some exclaim Canadian site a week before release and I loved it.

23. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I was hoping the time would help, but yeah maybe I need more? I just...I struggle to finish it.

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I really need to give their post-WATT stuff another chance too. I love love love FC and WATT (will be seeing both shows tomorrow and Saturday) but nothing they released after ever really clicked with me.

kyle likes this.
  25. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I think it's their best album. ACBTLD and ND are right there, but there's something about the mood of Common Existence that resonates with me better than anything else they've done. Especially songs like Time's Arrow and Circuits of Fever.