Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday Band • Page 142

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Sophos, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Also like ok there was a guy during Vein who started the ridic slam dancingish junk and made everyone form a giant circle for just him to run around and swing at air which was ridic. He ended up bumping hard into the woman he came with who wasn't participating in that who then fell into me and I was like. Dude. I heard he got removed eventually. But idgi like read the room? Like nobody else was participating and didn't appear into it and idg the entitlement to think you can dominate the space for just yourself.

Also shout-out to my Uber driver who took me home and was playing motion city soundtrack and talked to us about ghosts!!!

Joe4th, beachdude, Bryan Diem and 2 others like this.
  2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

When you say newer songs, do you mean the one newer song they played? Or is Setlist.FM missing some songs because I only see one song from No Dev.

Still pretty bummed (although not surprised at all) that they're only playing a 13 song set (and charging very handsomely for it as well).

3. Kiana

Lol oop with Thursday i always define "newer" as anything post war all the time because I feel that's when I started noticing the divide in the fanbase and less people at shows. Even tho they aren't rly new!

Joe4th, beachdude and Ken like this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Gotcha. I was hoping Setlist missed a few songs, because 13 songs is kind of criminally short. I know Thursday typically keeps it between 14-16 songs, but was hoping for a little more in what sounds like their final tour.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Also if Setlist is correct, the Dec. 30 WATT show, there was no encore? Just the 11 songs from WATT and that was it?

6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm sure there was an encore, but I'm guessing no one posted it.

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

No, they played the same encore as the 28th show. Ended with Ever Fallen In Love.

Also the FC show on the 27th was the first time I’ve ever been hurt at a Thursday show and by far the most violent I’ve ever seen a crowd for them. It was awful. The other three were way more positive and chill.

8. Kiana

Geoff gave a speech about how the San Francisco date was kinda violent and told ppl they didn't have to prove themselves and take care of each other and i found ppl were generally ok until the last song where men were shoving their way thru the crowd. Typically Thursday shows are pretty chill so I'm guessing it's either the anniversary crowd ppl who just wanna hear those songs or ppl who were just hyped to hear the old songs? Cause usually yeah there's none of that the last few times I've seen Thursday

Ken, Joe4th, beachdude and 1 other person like this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

last thursday show i was at was extremely rough.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

There was a handful of guys that seemed to be causing most of it and bringing it or worse in others. The Music Hall also has a small area off to each side that’s up a few steps, and multiple times that first night people dove off of it. I got hit by the first one and it rattled me, and a tiny woman who had been next to me all night got totally knocked down and disoriented by the second. It was awful.

11. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I think we may have been standing near each other because I saw that and had the same reaction haha. I think I'm going to try and find a spot not so near that giant pole tonight.

beachdude and Kiana like this.
  12. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

It's this anniversary crowd. I've seen it at other shows, too.

Ken likes this.
  13. Kiana

Omg we must've been!! I was by the confetti blaster lol

14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

On the farewell tour someone stage dove off stage, and then proceeded to punch me square in my face. Almost broke my nose. People suck. I know that these anniversary shows bring out that crowd which sucks, but I’m not missing the shows. I wish there was more post WATT songs but I get it

Dirty Sanchez and Ken like this.
  15. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I need a ACBTLD - Envy Split/B-sides - CE - ND only setlist and I will pay an insane amount of money for that show.

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not a fan of violent crowds at shows but with Vein opening up, it's a little to be expected.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Imagine being in your late 20s or 30s (assuming that is the make-up of these shows) and going that wild at a concert. WTF?

When I saw Thursday in 2017 the crowd was very chill, the venue was also half empty too.

OotyPa, riotspray and Joe4th like this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

I didn't even think this band was heavy enough to go that wild lol. I guess their tunes just bring something else out in people.

19. Kiana

I would pay all the dollars to see a setlist made up entirely of Autumn leaves revisited with an encore of more Autumn leaves revisited and friends in the armed forces.

WONT YOU TAKE ME THEEEEEEEEERRRRRRREEEEEE

Like literally the best moment in music ever ok.

20. OotyPa

fall away

I need more fellow “Running in the Rain” fans. That song is gorgeous and puts me in such a particular headspace.

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

If anything that bracket showed me that a lot of songs I adore on No Dev( Open Quotes, Stay True, Fast etc.), some folks prefer other songs over them! I was sad Open Quotes, and Stay True ended so suddenly. I know you guys really like them tho.

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I really don’t know if I’m gonna make it to the shows here. I’d like to at least hit one. But the venue is so small and I fucking hate their crowds. And FC and WATT are my two least favorites besides Waiting. With money being tight and the shows being sold out (at least the FC, Im sure the WATT is close if not already) I’d have to spend too much anyway. Really bums me out but I don’t think I can justify it

Ken and Joe4th like this.
  23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Maybe my fav of theirs

24. Bane

The spiciest meme

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I already miss them.

Ken likes this.