Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday / Touché Amore / Basement / Wax Idols / Cities Aviv Spring Tour Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Thursday never play long sets, doubt Geoff's voice could hold up on a tour with long sets. I'm just disappointed with how little ND there is. Would be okay with a few Full Collapse songs being cut.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

15 songs?

WTF?

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Joe4th

15 has usually been the length for them on most tours, especially recently with this reunion. I don't know why people are surprised

Dirty Sanchez and Emokid79 like this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

holiday show setlist was dooooope, not too upset i'm missing this

am upset that animal flag isn't on the whole tour though!!!

5. TMS2787 Mar 29, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 29, 2017)
    TMS2787

Trusted

The set being 15 songs sounds about right for them and the past tours. I was guessing 16-17 songs. 15 does seem short though. But I don't want to see sad it's not longer. Lol

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Have they even done a tour since their reunion? Haven't they all just been festival shows or one-offs? I looked back at their last US tour in 2011 and they were 19-20 song sets.

I've never seen them headline and was really looking forward to this tour. Last time I saw them open, they played 11 songs...so was looking forward to seeing a much more extended set.

7. Joe4th

The last US tour was around 17, when I saw them in Michigan. They added a few more for the last few shows. Each one off show they've done has been around 15-17.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was just going off the last 5 shows they played in 2011 via setlist.fm. They were all 19 or 20 songs. Oh well.

9. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Wow, I'm happy they're heavy on WATT material. I wonder what changed? I remember them despising that album.

10. Chuck!

Regular

I don't think so? They've played Workforce/Division St./Between Rupture and Rapture at pretty much every show I've seen of theirs, usually with another one or two thrown in too

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Cleveland is one of the last dates on the tour, so maybe potential to add a song or two by the end of the tour?

12. cwhit

they're focusing on the earlier material because that's what they know the crowds are there mostly for

sucks they're doing so little off their two best records

Dirty Sanchez and Joe4th like this.
  13. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

They would play 2 or 3 songs but they'd do it out of spite. Since the reunion show at Starland, it definitely looks like they're happier doing them.

14. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

LOVE this setlist. I know most people aren't gonna be happy, but I'm a huge fan of Full Collapse and WATT but never really got into the other stuff so this set is right up my alley.

I do need to listen to the other records more though.

Emokid79 and Chuck! like this.
  15. Chuck!

Regular

I think the majority of people at the shows will like the setlist a lot. I also like it, though I would have loved Sparks Against the Sun from ND especially

You should definitely spend some time with ACBTLD, prob my favorite Thursday album

DerekIsAGooner and suicidesaints like this.
  16. Chuck!

Regular

Also, I think there's a really good chance Thursday rotates songs in-and-out throughout the tour. They covered a lot of material during the holiday shows that's probably still fresh for them

17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Am I mistaken or did they play FC and WATT in full on their "final tour"?

18. Chuck!

Regular

I vaguely remember them doing one or the other on a few dates, but most of the tour was a mix. They did play FC in full opening for Underoath, like 2 or 3 years before the breakup

suicidesaints likes this.
  19. cwhit

20. Joe4th

Yeah, they didn't do FC or WATT in full on the farewell tour. The farewell tour setlist was near perfect

cwhit likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

A City By the Light Divided is easily my favorite Thursday album.

22. Deathco_019

Drummer

ACBTLD and ND are definitely my two favorite releases from Thursday and nothing has challenged them over time.

23. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

ACBTLD is a top 10 album for me. In my opinion it is one of those albums that needs to be played front to back.

24. Chuck!

Regular

this is definitely true

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  25. Bane

The spiciest meme

I'm really sad I missed the holiday shows and the night I could have gone they performed You Were the Cancer, only the 2nd time ever according to setlist.fm and that's one of my favorite songs from them.

Setlist looks pretty standard, in a good way. More of ND and CE would be cool but I'm not gonna complain since I really really like every single album of theirs.