Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday / Touché Amore / Basement / Wax Idols / Cities Aviv Spring Tour Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jan 31, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'll keep you posted but I would say there's a 0% chance it does personally

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm a bit surprised it's even at HOB Cleveland. Especially with a lot of bands lately (TBS, Bayside) playing the Agora Ballroom. I think that, or maybe Beachland would have been a better venue for Thursday.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed but at the same time I think some bands do better at HOB. TBS didn't even sell out Agora Ballroom and Bayside barely did but both bands about a year or so before sold out HOB.

Some people are turned off by Agora and some turned off by HOB I guess haha

6. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I remember thinking it was so strange that both those bands were playing Agora Ballroom after selling out HOB several times in the past. I personally prefer Agora to House of Blues Cleveland. I do, however, like the fact that HOB Cle is located in the center of downtown so there are great places/bars/restaurants to go to before and after a show whereas Agora, there really isn't and it's in kind of a sketchy part of Cleveland.

I think TBS had trouble selling Agora because people knew it was going to be a Tidal Wave show (which I would have loved but had a work event). I was at the Bayside show and thought the atmosphere was great for all three bands. Was surprised it took so long to sell out. I think it didn't sell out until literally right before the show. I could be wrong.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it didn't sell until after doors opened, I've actually transitioned from working over there to working at HOB so it's weird to see the different vibes going on. I think the bar prices and the parking prices around HOB are usually a turn off for a lot of shows in this scene but the neighborhood and kind of sketchy parking situation at Agora is also a turn off.

8. Bane

The spiciest meme

Huh, second show at Irving Plaza. Sunday works out for me better still.

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

In the last 2 days I've fallen absolutely in love with Basement. I think I'm now equally excited for them and Thursday.

Emokid79 likes this.
  10. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Well the new TA is fantastic so try that and get more equally excited

coleslawed and Ken like this.
  11. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Basement just signed to FBR. Weird pairing

12. flask

Trusted Supporter

Spinning some Wax Idols and I like what I'm hearing.

13. Deathco_019

Drummer

Any idea where I can find out that they're switching off so I can see what Philly's order will look like, or is it simply what I see in the event group on FB?

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I would assume it'll be simply be whatever the order is in your event or on the poster for your show

15. Deathco_019

Drummer

This makes the debate of skipping my night class all the more difficult. I have group discussion questions I need to submit prior to the class and I guess I get my feedback/grade at the end of the class, along with my group, but I've never seen Touche and I really don't want to miss them. I have class til 8 and the show starts at 7:30.

PREDICAMENTS

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Huge bummer is Basement direct on your date then?

I would assume Basement would be direct on the east coast dates and Touche on the West

17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I don't think that's the case because Touche is direct support in Portland and Basement is direct supprt the next night in Seattle. I think they are switching every night.

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That makes sense, I always would have expected Touche to be bigger but now with Basement signing to FBR I guess it makes sense.

19. Deathco_019

Drummer

From the looks at my date's FB event it goes Thursday, Basment, Touche, Wax Idols. Idk, I'll make the dream happen somehow. Maybe I will skip. IDK I'M STRESSIN

20. Emokid79

Regular

Out of all the spring tours that have been announced and ones i'm going to, this is the one I can't wait for. After their set at Riot Fest I just remember feeling really sad because I didn't know the next time I would get to see them live. This very well could be my show of the year.

21. TMS2787

Trusted

Touché Amore just added a headlining date in Pittsburgh at Catavo the night before this tour starts.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's nuts. That venue is tiny... I would love to go to that

23. TMS2787

Trusted

I've never been to it. Is it smaller than Now That's Class?

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I would say about the same size, stage isn't as high though

25. TMS2787

Trusted

Oh, wow. That sounds exciting, lol. If my schedule and money permits I may have to make the trip for the show.