Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday / Touché Amore / Basement / Wax Idols / Cities Aviv Spring Tour Tour • Page 15

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Last night was fantastic.

Cities Aviv was pretty cool and definitely an unexpected opener for this tour.

I like a couple of Basement songs, but overall I was kind of bored with them live.

Touche killed it, I can't wait for the Fall tour. The Stage Four songs sound incredible live.

Thursday was amazing, and I'm so glad I got to see them again. Crowd overall was small, but it was still crazy and hectic during their set. Only thing that bummed me out was how everyone was really only there for FC/WATT songs. They said "this is an old song, off City by the Light" and someone yelled "that's not old". Between that and pretty much no applause after they played No Answers, it really sucks that their best material goes unappreciated by a lot of the people going to their shows.

amorningofsleep likes this.
  2. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Can confirm. All the Stage Four tracks sounded fucking incredible last night.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Norfolk show was awesome!! I hadn't been checking this thread much until tonight and seeing all the posts about people leaving after Basement or the crowds being bad had me worried. I definitely saw it thin out after they played which was pretty ridiculous, but there was still a fairly large crowd for Thursday and everyone was super into it. They played the longer setlist too which was perfect. I loved the giant balloons during the slow songs.

I also FINALLY got word about the lyric shirts from the NYE shows and got some merch as a thank you for waiting so long which made my night even better.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Longer setlist? Please, do tell!

5. Bane

The spiciest meme

So Geoff said two very different setlists for the two NYC shows and the first one lats night looks to have been a setlist just about the same as the rest of the tour.....maybe that means tonight's is gonna be super crazy? I won't get my hopes up plus the setlist they've been playing has been great but would be really interesting. Going tonight with a friend

silently hopes for You Were the Cancer in vain

6. 5Stories

Regular

Geoff said we would have two different setlists at Wrecking Ball and they were the same apart from 2, maybe 3 songs...

7. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea I figured that might be the case, whatever I'm just happy to go see them

8. stars143

Trusted

Thursday are one of my favorite bands, but I wonder if the marketing for a reunion tour hasn't been great. A few people I've talked to who would be interested in seeing them (even if just for nostalgic purposes) had no idea they were reunited. The difference in crowd size between seeing the most recent Thrice tour and Thursday at the same venue is pretty striking.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. TMS2787

Trusted

I'm glad someone else notices this. At The aftershoa the dude kept saying how different the next days set at Riot Fest would be… it wasn't much different. At all.

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Last night of tour in NYC got some bonuses tonight. Longer set and tour debuts of Paris in Flames, Standing on the Edge of Summer, and Steps Ascending.

DaydreamNation and 5Stories like this.
  11. TMS2787

Trusted

Was the rest of the setlist was exactly same as the other nights?

12. Bane

The spiciest meme

I think so, but having the longer setlist was super nice

Amazing show to be at, I'm so happy I finally got to see them. And Touche was fantastic as well, they put on a great show back in 2013 with AFI too. Basement surprised me, super good. Cities I wanted to hear his voice more but the mixing made it hard to, but he was pretty cool.

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

And I'm usually completely exhausted when it comes to shows like that, but I felt invigorated the entire time. It was wonderful.

Oh the one thing that was sad was when No Answers came out and the crowd was way less pumped. Some dude behind me literally went on his phone during the entire song. And then of course I was going crazy dancing around while the people around me stood. Turnpike Divides got better reception though. Oh, actually another sad thing: no Common Existence at all. I called out "You Were the Cancer!" in vain at one point.

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

The crowd size for the Chicago show for Thursday was decent I think it was pretty much sold out. Compare it to the thrice show last year thrice was completely sold out all 3 levels and everyone stayed all night

15. 5Stories

Regular

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Steps Ascending??? Fuuuuuuck I'm so mad that wasn't on the whole tour

17. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Seriously. UGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. I have seen Full Collapse in its entirety 4 times but I haven't seen one of my favorite songs live and they bust it out on a one off in New York. Good for the people that went and got to see it though.

Joe4th likes this.
  18. dubey

Regular

Ahhh these need to be permanent additions

js977 likes this.
  19. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm hoping that by the time they get to Lancaster, the set will have a lot more songs like the last night in NY.

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Steps Ascending???? That's too much for me to handle!! They better bust that out on a more regular basis. Wow. Probably my number one most wanted tied with Asleep in the Chapel. Just wow.

ramomcferno and js977 like this.
  21. dubey

Regular

Same!

ramomcferno likes this.
  22. Bane

The spiciest meme

Hell yeah it was great