Thursday / Touché Amore / Basement / Wax Idols / Cities Aviv Spring Tour Tour • Page 14

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jan 31, 2017.

1. TMS2787

Trusted

For people in Chicago:

Daniel182 likes this.
  2. Cmoney86

Trusted

Chicago show set times
    Ta 8:15-850
    Basement 9:10-950
    Thursday 10:15-11:45

Daniel182 likes this.
  3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yesss thank you.

4. Cmoney86

Trusted

Touché amore will be going on a fall tour that stops back in Chicago

5. Cmoney86

Trusted

Thursday fucking killed it. So happy I've finally seen them live. Majority of the crowd stayed and went absolutely crazy during Thursday. Ta was also awesome. Basement was ok. They called mosh Pits push pits it got a laugh from the crowd

6. Cmoney86

Trusted

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Touché was great, I really do need to listen to them more. I've really enjoyed them both times I've seen them.

I thought Basement was great (main reason I was there). It was also nice cus I was pretty much able to walk up towards the front right before they started.

I wasn't sure if I was going to stay for all of Thursday or leave after a few songs (I only really vaguely knew like 2 or 3 songs), but I just never got bored I guess because I ended up staying for the whole thing. They put on a great show, lots of energy. It helped that the crowd was a lot of fun and you could see so many people who you could tell this was a huge deal for, which was fun to watch.

And it was well attended for all bands I'd say. Definitely not the most packed I've ever seen the House of Blues, but it wasn't noticeable, and the crowd had a ton of energy.

suicidesaints and Chinesefood like this.
  8. Chinesefood

Regular

Pretty much my experience at HOB Boston. Went for Basement & TA, enjoyed the rest. Crowd was great for all three.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. DaydreamNation

Trusted Supporter

Yeah the crowd last night could not have been more different from some of the descriptions of previous dates. Venue was basically full all the way through Thursday's sets, and everyone was going wild for all three of the bands

10. DaydreamNation

Trusted Supporter

This guy has some videos of last night that are decent quality--not as good as cmoney86's up there though

Chad B

Joe4th likes this.
  11. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Supporter

Do Thursday and Touché take cards for buying merch? Want to figure out if I need to pull cash out of the bank

12. TMS2787

Trusted

Cleveland people.

I just bought tickets too. Haha. Damn it.

13. flask

Trusted

Thursday took cards. They actually had separate lines for cash and card which was nice. Touche Probably does. I havent been to a show in the last 4 years where a band didn't take card.

Joe4th likes this.
  14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Supporter

Awesome, thank you. Every now and then I'll go to a show and they don't, so I like to double check so I'm not SOL haha

15. Cmoney86

Trusted

signals over the air

16. ncarrab

Trusted

Went last night, thought Thursday sounded, and looked, great. Geoff seemed genuinely happy. They went on a little earlier than what was posted in here (10:08 p.m.) and finished up by about 11:20. Knew I was going into a short set, but it really flew by.

Crowd size was smaller than usual for an HOB show, but not the smallest I've ever seen it. I was with my Brother-In-Law who did mention 3 or 4 times that he 'expected to see a lot more people here.'

Dumb sidenote, I was wearing a Brand New shirt and the guy who was working for security stopped me and we started talking about all the times we've seen Brand New, anyway, he said his friend's aunt lives next door to Jesse Lacey's mom and then gave me a glare and was like 'the dude is so weird.' Haha, nothing that no one already didn't know, but funny nonetheless.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  17. TMS2787

Trusted

The show last night was great. We walked in near the end of Cities Avies and it was different. I only saw a song and a half so I don't know what to make of it.

Touché Amoré was really good, a lot of energy as always and Jeremy sounded really on. The crowd was super into their set as well. Jeremy said they'll be in Fall on a headliner at the Grog Shop, so that is something to look forward to.

Basement was also good, I'm not extremely fimilar with their material but I do know I do like. I was glad to be able to finally see them after I missed them open for Brand New. I thought the lead singers "dance moves" where pretty hilarious.

This was the third time I've seen Thursday since the "reunion" and it's the best Geoff has looked, he appeared healthy and put on some weight. It made me happy to hear him tell the crowd he's doing this tour sober and it's the first one he's done sober. He sounded really good and so did the band. The rendition they did of "…Falling Bomb" was probably the highlight of the night for me. Hopefully I'll make it to the Pittsburgh Show in June.

The crowd was a bit bigger than I expected it to be, which was nice. But it was full my anymeans. Everyone was really into Thursday and they got a great response, lots of singing, moshing, crowd surfing, interaction. Which was nice to see.

All three bands setslists seemed to be the same with little to no changes

18. ncarrab

Trusted

Yeah, the ending of Falling Bomb was easily the best part of the night for me.

I went into the show expecting the place to be pretty empty due to all the previous comments in this thread, but it wasn't that bad. Honestly had no one said anything about the smaller crowds, I probably wouldn't have even really noticed it was an issue. I've been to several poor attended shows at House of Blues and it's very noticeable. I did notice that when the show was over, there was pretty much no one in the back area (between pit and bar), pretty much everyone was in the pit, but the pit was decently crowded. I didn't take a look at the balcony, so I have no idea how many people were up there.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah last night was awesome. All 3 bands really killed it. Looked better in there than I thought it would especially during Thursday.

Excited for Touche to come back. Only thing they didn't play that surprised me was Palm Dreams

Really cool how well Touche and Basement can pull off being on a big stage

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Probably like 20 people haha but like you said it really didn't look that empty, and everyone there was stoked and having a good time so it was cool

21. TMS2787

Trusted

Any idea who the show at the Grog (if that's where it is) will be with?

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

No clue, hoping it's actually coming to Cleveland though!

23. TMS2787

Trusted

So do I!

24. amorningofsleep

NO ONE KICKS OUT OF THE FALCON ARROW

Is Touche going on before Basement, or are they switching off?

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Switching off.