Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday / Touché Amore / Basement / Wax Idols / Cities Aviv Spring Tour Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jan 31, 2017.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Beachland is my favorite venue in the Cleveland area, so I would have loved for this show to be at Beachland. Beachland's capacity is only what, 500-600? You're saying they maybe would have sold it out? Which means HOB will only be about a third full? Damn.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully lol

No it didn't. I wasn't there, because I went to the Columbus date but I believe it was a little over halfway

Emokid79 likes this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This is kind of blowing my mind. I figured it wouldn't sell out, but I thought it'd draw about 70% or so to capacity.

Did you see the John Nolan/Geoff Rickly solo acoustic show at Mahal's in 2013? It was so uncomfortable, only like 25 people showed up. Even Nolan made comments about how awkward the show was on stage.

4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah only like 25 people were at my geoff solo show here back over the summer

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, no I wasn't. I've been to a lot of seriously underwhelming shows at Mahalls though haha

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I think the band or management is overestimating the enthusiasm for their reunion outside of big cities. Most people in Buffalo could give 2 shits about them. (I think these people are stupid, but...)

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Anyone have set times?

8. Only three fucking days til Chicago!!!!

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

It's super cool that the show tonight in KC is actually in KC and within walking distance for me, but I'm seriously embarrassed by my city for the turnout so far. I know all the kids in the local scene love Touché and Basement. Hopefully more people people show up.

10. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Sad this tour doesn't seem to be selling well for Thursday, but I'm glad I don't have to worry about my date on Thursday (seeing tbursday on Thursday) in minneapolis selling out. Only way to get tickets before the event was to pay almost half the ticket price extra just for online service fees, no way to get tickets in person before doors.

11. Looks like the floor section at HOB Chicago finally sold out which is good at least. Only balcony tickets left.

12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd say lower turnout is probably due to the fact that a lot of people don't know that they are back.
    Hell, I see people still not knowing blink-182 are back.
    If they get a label for a possible future album, I'd bet future tours would be more populated.

Emokid79 and DaydreamNation like this.
  13. Chuck!

Regular

Another thought, it didn't help that tickets were expensive. I think Philly was $45 or so after fees

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

People going to CLE. There will be a BOGO starting up tomorrow

Emokid79 likes this.
  15. Chase

CAF

Andddd that's what'll get me to go to this

JaytotheGee likes this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Wow. That bad? Any chance show gets moved to smaller venue?

17. dubey

Regular

I thought the Toronto venue selection was pretty weird. 1500 capacity. Last time I saw these guys play here it was at a 620 person venue and half of the crowd left after The Dillinger Escape Plan.

Fucked Up is opening the show and they are from here so maybe that will help them draw a bigger crowd.

18. TMS2787

Trusted

MY GUY! Thank you for posing this. I was hoping for this* and waiting to see if it happened

*Not that I want to see the show do poorly but I meant since it has been doing poorly I was hoping for a BOGO.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Nope :(

20. TMS2787

Trusted

Any idea how long the BOGO sale is for? I enetered two contests for tickets and so did my girlfriend. I want to wait to make sure I don't want those first. Haha.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Until Saturday I believe

22. TMS2787

Trusted

23. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Are they promoting the BOGO? I don't see it advertised anywhere. Not that it makes a difference to me, because I bought my ticket months ago.

24. Blake

I went to the show in KC last night at the 400 capacity Recordbar and it was awesome. Band sounded great... crowd was crazy... it was better than I could have hoped for. They seemed to embrace the smaller venue to be honest.

Jesse West likes this.
  25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Anyone know set times? @Daniel182 wants to know but wants to stay out of this thread to avoid any spoilers.