Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday / Touché Amore / Basement / Wax Idols / Cities Aviv Spring Tour Tour • Page 11

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jan 31, 2017.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I lucked out so hard on the entire 1st round schedule because I had conflicts with this Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and next Sunday night.

2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Venue tonight closed the balcony and split the floor between AA and 21+. Never seen this place so empty

3. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

That's crazy, but I'm not surprised. Tickets were expensive and this would have been better suited for the Wonder. Couldn't really force myself to pay 35 bucks for this unfortunately.

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I'm lucky and got in free, as much as I love Touché and Thursday there was no way I was gonna pay $35 to sit through Basement. Wonder would have been the perfect size for this.

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

6. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Ticket prices are insane. $42 is a lot. I will probably still pay it tho.

7. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

This tour made me a big Touche fan. Had never listened to them until 3 days before my show and I haven't stopped listening ever since.

Jesse West, deadwrong, Ken and 3 others like this.
  8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

He's been on the tour. I think it was just a now petition.

9. kidinthebushes likes this.
  10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Joke petition

Typo in my other post lol.

Also, Andrew has been in Tucker's Instagram stories almost every day.

Ken and DaydreamNation like this.
  11. Blake

The show in Kansas City was moved from the 2500ish cap Midland theater to the 400 cap Record Bar... which honestly bums me out and makes me more excited. When I was at the midland a few weeks ago for Underoath they were selling tickets for Thursday Buy 1 Get 1 Free which seemed like a bad sign. I feel bad that these guys aren't getting the big crowds they obviously hoped for, but this tour was never going to sell out big venues across the country.

12. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Sucks, but I thought that venue was too big when this was announced. I also thought it was too big for Underoath. How did that end up selling? Brand New is about the only band from this scene that makes sense playing there.

13. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It was a BMTH headliner

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Blake

Underoath were main support for BMTH. The show was completely sold out and was awesome. Underoath headlined there last year too on their reunion tour and while it didn't sell out it was a pretty good crowd.

15. Hate to say it but if they're drawing this poorly on this tour it probably does not bode well for the band's future

red8ge likes this.
  16. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'm curious how the west coast dates pulled for thursday

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'd like to imagine in big markets like NYC, Boston, Philly, LA etc this band can play 1500 cap venues but in a lot of the markets they're playing they probably should stick to 500-800

18. Chuck!

Regular

Whoever booked these shows is a fool tbh. The Philly show was at the Fillmore (2500 cap), yet their "final" U.S. show in 2011 was at the TLA, which is substantially smaller. They didn't get more popular in those five years.

Thankfully the Philly show did draw a decent crowd, but it's easy to foresee this doing poorly at similarly-sized places farther from New Jersey

19. TMS2787

Trusted

I think the Cleveland date should've been at The Agora Ballroom. Like @JaytotheGee said a few days ago: Basement and TA don't really draw as well here as they do in a lot of places and I know that Thursday, sadly probably isn't the biggest draw on this bill in most places.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Beachland would have also been really tight and appropriate and maybe would have sold out

Emokid79 likes this.
  21. TMS2787

Trusted

Beachland would've been sooooo tight. I think they could've sold that place out. Did TA sell out the Grog last Fall or no?

22. Emokid79

Regular

Beachland would have been nice. I saw them there in 2009. That was my first show in Cleveland actually.

Michael Schmidt and JaytotheGee like this.
  23. Pretty sure ppl ITT or the band thread were saying they drew like shit in Cali and Portland

24. flask

Trusted Supporter

Wiltern wasn't sold out but it was packed. There was also a lot of younger people there specifically for TA and Basement and left before Thursday. I also noticed on the Wiltern website that they're under the same umbrella as a few other venues on the tour so the promoter probably had a deal in place with all the venues for the tour.