Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday / Touché Amore / Basement / Wax Idols / Cities Aviv Spring Tour Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Jan 31, 2017.

1. flask

Trusted Supporter

With all the uncertainty of their future I'm gonna treat it like its the last time I'll ever see them.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  2. Jerihoar

Regular

Touche Amores guitarist had to go home yesterday and played a bunch of old stuff. Also didnt sell well at all, they had a curtain half way thru the theater and most left after Basement.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

How big was the venue?

I'm curious to know how this is selling for the Cleveland date...I'm guessing not well.

4. Jerihoar

Regular

Its about 2,000 cap. Never seen it so empty, awesome show tho.

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Dallas show was only about half full, but both Touche and Thursday put on great shows.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'd expect a not even half full Cleveland show but it will still be great

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Tickets are still available tonight. Also on social media I just see a lot of "excited for TA and Basement!" with no mention of Thursday. I wish they would have chosen someplace slightly smaller than the Wiltern.

8. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Damn. Yeah, I'd say there is very little - to no - buzz about this show. Still 12 days away. Looking forward to it, but hoping it fills up too.

I remember seeing The Early November play House of Blues Cleveland back in 2012 and it was like, a quarter full by the time they went on stage (everyone was there for The Wonder Years and then left) and it was just an uncomfortable feeling to be in a bigger venue with hardly anyone there.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'd expect the same thing this time except both openers also don't draw that well here for some reason

10. I'm starting to get the sense that 85% of Thursday's remaining fanbase posts on this forum

red8ge, Contender, oldboot and 2 others like this.
  11. 5Stories

Regular

I saw some videos earlier in the tour and the crowds looked packed. I really hope Thursday aren't disappointed by the turn outs.

12. flask

Trusted Supporter

I feel like the band draws better on the east coast than the west.

oldboot and suicidesaints like this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

The wiltern is just a crumby place to see a show like this. The floor is so wacky.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  14. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I think that this show would have been much better off if it were at somewhere like the El Rey.

15. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Last time they played Michigan was in the basement of Clutch Cargos, the iLounge. Place was tiny and still wasn't sold out. It's weird that they're playing St Andrews. Should've went to the Magic Stick.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

At least I'll be able to get drinks easily.

17. flask

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I can already tell this crowds gonna clear out after TA. Hopefully that means they'll let me on the floor.

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

Update: room is prett Full.

19. Cmoney86

Trusted

saw something that tixs are going fast for the chicago show

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely haha

21. flask

Trusted Supporter

Show was wild. That's probably the loudest and heaviest I've heard Thursday.

5Stories likes this.
  22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Thursday was amazing last night. You guys had me nervous that the place was gonna clear out before them, but the place was packed. Best I've ever seen them.
    Basement was a little disappointing, though. Sound was so muffled.

5Stories and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. flask

Trusted Supporter

Also Thursday had a hat but they were sold out by the time I got to the merch booth after the show so if anyone can grab me one I'll pay you back plus a little extra for your trouble.

24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Looks like they've been going back and forth between 15 and 16 song sets. The 16 song sets have had both No Answers and Sparks Against the Sun, where the 15 song sets have just had one or the other.

Also, From most of the photos/videos I've seen of this tour, seems like still a pretty good chunk of people in the crowd for Thursday.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like Game 4 of the playoffs is the same day as our date, but it's at 1PM so totally lucked out there haha