Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday December 30th Holiday Show NJ Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Great post. Thank you for this. I plan to be one of those sweaty passionate fans for the entire set on the 29th.

Read an article today from last week where Geoff mentioned the first night will feature a lot of darker songs and the second night will feature more hopeful songs.

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea that post was really helpful haha. I'll be there on the 29th as well, coming from Rochester. Should be a magical, and expensive, night.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

also i haven't sold my ticket yet so please buy mine haha

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. Bane

The spiciest meme

Yea I'm going the 29th, coming from about an hour and a half north in NY and never been to Starland. Good to know about the parking situation and all of that.

5. Chuck!

Regular

The parking lots fill up, too. Showing up on the early side is usually a good idea at Starland, especially if you want to get in the VFW lot. For sold out shows, it's not uncommon that they'll have you park in a field down the street.

6. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I also just went on the Starland website and it seems like they added more tickets for Friday's show!

7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Yeah they did

8. Jonny Sniper Dec 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 27, 2016)
    Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Oh one more thing, show starts at 730 right? What time will Thursday go on? I'm thinking 9 to 11ish. The first part of my drive should be about 8 hours so I was going to leave around 11am.

I got my ticket for 20 dollars under face on stubhub. I guess people didn't like the openers and decided last minute to sell? Very odd. I would like to find a way to get a physical ticket from someone by the end of the night.

9. cwhit

too many tickets, the thursday show didn't even sell out

10. cwhit

still have my ticket for tomorrow someone save me buy it

11. Mibabalou

MUFC / NYRB Prestigious

Hey huge ask here but if anyone is coming from the city on either and or both days I would totally throw you money to take me. I have a 9-5 in Manhattan but could maybe leave at 4 if need be.

I'm not sure if public transport is doable from NYC to there. Also if anyone is leaving near any path stations I would again throw you money to meet up.

Any help and or ideas is hugely appreciated.

12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

did you sell that parking pass as well?

13. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Also, for anyone familiar with the area--what's a good place to eat before the show? Would love to find a gastropub, but I'm open to anything as long as there's alcohol and decent food.

14. cwhit

I gave away the parking pass with the 30th tickets when I bought the ones to the 29th instead

Ken likes this.
  15. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

great. just wanted to make sure it didn't go to waste.

cwhit likes this.
  16. Emokid79

Regular

I have a ticket for Friday that I want to get rid of.

17. sev7ntytimes7

i have two tickets for friday also

18. falafelmywaffle

Without music, life would be a mistake. Supporter

I, as well as everyone else, have two tickets available for Friday evening.

19. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Man, I wish I wasn't 10 hours away. I want to drive down for this so bad.

20. cwhit

i still have an extra for tonight

21. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Not much in the general vicinity of Sayreville. Where are you staying, might be able to help depending on the area. Your best bet might be New Brunswick though. I personally love a place there called Stuff Yer Face. Good beer selection and dope ass strombolis.

Fronnyfron and Ken like this.
  22. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

We're staying up in Iselin/Woodbridge. Driving over from PA, so anything is an option really. I will definitely look into Stuff Yer Face! Thanks!

23. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

@Ken - Stuff is good; I'm a huge fan of Destination Dogs in New Brunswick (great beer & delicious, high quality hot dogs). You also can't go wrong in Highland Park which is across the river and has much better parking.

Ken likes this.
  24. Ken Dec 29, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 29, 2016)
    Ken

entrusted Prestigious

thanks! I will keep those in mind!

@Fronnyfron destination dogs looks amazing. thank you for suggesting it

25. LocalMike

pumped for tonight and tomorrow!

Ken likes this.