Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday December 30th Holiday Show NJ Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Whatjuliansaid, Jun 15, 2016.

1. dead_fm

Regular

its sold out :(

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

3. cwhit

wait, they added a second show

4. cwhit

thursday show

5. sev7ntytimes7

i was close should of thought about it more thursday on thursday
    but if this sells out fast too saturday is open :)

6. cwhit

ehhhhh that's new years eve, i doubt it

7. dead_fm

Regular

I didn't even notice until I bought the tix that they were for Thursday.....oh well.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Due to overwhelming demand---seriously, you guys sold this show out in like 20 minutes--- Starland Ballroom is adding a 2ND THURSDAY HOMECOMING SHOW on December 29th!!!

If you were one of the people that missed the first show, or you know we're saving surprises that are unique to each show, get tickets before they're gone:

Thursday

ON SALE NOW!!!!

9. dead_fm

Regular

if anyone in the NJ area would trade 2 Friday tix for 2 Thursday tix I'd love you forever. If not i'll have to sell them. I can't miss two days from work and I'd be driving from VA. Anyone want to help me out?!

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Wasn't planning on going to the original show since it's a good drive but grabbed a ticket for the Thursday show anyway. In retrospect, definitely worth it.

11. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Here's my dream lineup:
    -Thursday
    -Glassjaw or The Get Up Kids
    -Poison The Well
    -No Devotion (Geoff pulled double duty the year UN played) [although probably unlikely since this is around the holidays and the other members are from overseas]
    -opening band (can't think of who would fit here)

I have two others guesses... What about American Nightmare or Boysetsfire?

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Get Up Kids would be amazing. I'd be fine with Glassjaw too. If they got MCR millions of kids would have aneurysms. I'm just thrilled to be seeing them again at all, so any opener is just an extra for me.

I also went ahead and got a Thursday ticket too. I hope I can make it work to do both nights, otherwise I will pick based on openers. Or if they end up doing full albums...

13. cwhit

why do you all want old school bands?

14. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Obvious reason: because Thursday is old school, so those would be the bands they have history with. Plus fans they liked them back in the day would love to see them play with the bands they played with then.
    Second reason: new bands tour and are active all the time as part of their job, so seeing them is easy. A band like Poison the well who only do shows here and there would be perfect for a one off, and are top picks because of how few opportunities arise to even get a chance to see them.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  15. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Yeah I'm happy to just be seeing them too, but the way they are talking about the openers has me hyped. I don't think MCR would reunite just for this without making their own big deal and show, but it would be awesome.

16. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Wait what about Underoath?!

17. red8ge

Regular

lol yeah they should def book a band with more draw power on their Home Reunion Show

18. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Well that could be exactly why they didn't want to announce the openers until their fans bought all the tickets... When the show is already sold out, the openers have 0 draw power

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeeeeep.

20. TrailerParkJesus

OG

... It would be like when brand new opened The Movielife's hometown reunion show

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also yes. There are lots of examples of big draws opening for special shows like this. Whoever it is is going to be great.

TrailerParkJesus likes this.
  22. red8ge

Regular

dream big

23. korey011

Regular

Hey guys, I have two tickets for sale for the Friday Dec 30th show. Realized going to the Dec 29th show would be much better for me with work and such. I paid I think about $94 together for both tickets (They are instant download tickets) so if anyone wants to buy them just message me if you have paypal or whatever!

24. dead_fm

Regular

Do you already have tix for the Thursday show? If not I'm so down to trade my two for your two......

25. korey011

Regular

Yah I already have them for the Dec 29th show Sorry!!