Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thursday - 20th Anniversary Tour 2018 w/ Vein and American Pleasure Club Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by amorningofsleep, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Cannot wait for Boston's FC show.

2. TMS2787

Trusted

3. red8ge

Regular

does geoff still scream?

Brent likes this.
  4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

5. mynamesgeneric

Regular

These guys sounded so good in Austin last night playing Full Collapse, can't wait for War All The Time.

Brent, riotspray and alkalinexandy like this.
  6. jmitch0906

Quorn

Might have 2 tickets to sell for Dallas tonight depending on if we can get a baby sitter. They would go for below what I paid for them since I know the show isn't going to sell out.

7. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Tried to get tickets for the 2nd Brooklyn date, but ended up getting the vinyl bundle for the THIRD Brooklyn date. TBD if future me thinks this was worth $90

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Excited for tonight and tomorrow.

9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The War All The Time show at Chain is still available somehow and I’m going back and forth on if I want to see them two nights in a row

Brent likes this.
  10. flask

Trusted Supporter

Wanted to go to the full collapse show but that finally sold out. Saw WATT last year but this might be the last time we get to see them. Also VEIN.

11. johnnyferris

Vein two nights in a row is more of a selling point, honestly.

I’ve always listened to Thursday’s peers and contemporaries more than Thursday themselves. FC is really the only record I know well. Seeing WATT live would be beneficial to getting more into that record and perhaps their later discography.

12. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I keep forgetting the Anaheim show is approaching. I think I’m equally stoked for Vein as I am Thursday tbh

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

The real question is are people gonna go off for Vein or is everyone gonna stand around and complain when one person moshes or stage dives?

14. sam_might_say

Yes

riotspray likes this.
  15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

WATT show in Dallas was great

Joe4th and riotspray like this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Both Dallas shows were great.

17. sam_might_say

Alright, OC peeps, I’ve never been to Chain Reaction before. How much is parking? And what time should I get there?

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

Parking is free just get there early-ish. Like an hour before doors maybe even less. It's literally in a strip mall next to what I think is a furniture store? It changes every two months. But yeah if you don't find parking just park at the Target down the street.

Brent likes this.
  19. johnnyferris

Or try Loara street. That’s my go to spot for parking and there’s a brewery on the corner now.

20. sam_might_say

Thanks guys!

21. sam_might_say

The Anaheim Full Collapse show was SOLID. Thursday was fantastic, and I have to say I was beyond impressed with Geoff’s performance. It was super cool to get to see FC in its entirety, since it was a very influential album for me.

And Vein was NUTS. I honestly think they sound better live than they do on recording. Although, I thought it was weird that they were given a 40 minute set and only played for 25?...

If you didn’t see this tour, don’t sleep on the next time Vein is close to your city.

(Also, has Vein always had a DJ? I thought that dude was hilarious. He looked like he came straight out of 1999)

22. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Vein plays around 20ish minutes on a headline set. I've seen them 4 times but the DJ sounds new and interesting (unless I just can't remember).

23. johnnyferris

VEIN was insane last night. They’ve probably never done longer than 25 minutes. Their bodies might fall apart if they play any longer. Pretty sure the DJ dude is new; I saw them fall 2017 and he wasn’t there then. Definitely a recent addition.

Thursday was great. Super impressed with how they sounded and Geoff sounded pretty clear despite it being at Chain, lol.

Theemoflamingo likes this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The DJ is definitely new. I saw Vein 3 times in 2018 and there was never a DJ.

25. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Jeremy from Touche Amore came up last night for Counting and Jet Black, was a really cool moment to see knowing how close those bands have been throughout the years.

Emokid79 and Ken like this.