Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Band • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Kevin360 Mar 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 25, 2016)
    Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

This is why I'm now debating dropping for the black 180g version too.

I don't even see anything on my order saying that the colored variant is 180g. I know it was on the page when I ordered last night.

2. phaynes1

Regular

subbin

3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Subbin

Can't wait for the tour/album

4. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

going through (most of) their albums today. On The Alchemy Index right now. Man Digital Sea has always been one of my favorite songs by them. Absolutely love.

Hear my voice go, to 1's and 0's...

5. Tyler

Regular Supporter

The Alchemy Index has my favorite songs but isn't my favorite album.

teebs41 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  6. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I would agree. Vheissu is my favorite album, how about you? I need to give Beggars and M/M more time though. I didn't listen to them when they first came out.

teebs41 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  7. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I agree. There's always a song or two from each of the 4 TAI elements that I love more than anything from their discography, but as whole albums, my heart claims Beggars and Vheissu.

Tyler likes this.
  8. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Definitely Vheissu is top for me. Then Beggars a close 2nd.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

listening to Beggars again for the first time in a while and its phenomenal. I wish I liked Doublespeak's chorus more bc the rest of that song is amazing imo. it puts a damper on my enjoyment of the song. World is Mad and In Exile never did much for me either. The Weight, Circles, Wood and Wire, Talking Through Glass, and The Great Exchange are firmly some of their best works. also their guitar tones ever since alchemy are so ridiculously great

10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

I really enjoy Red Telephone b-side from that album. Answered is pretty good as well.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

After listening to the whole Alchemy Index today for the first time in awhile, Earth is definitely my least favorite. Fire and Water are my faves.

Beggars next.

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Air & Earth is my fave Thrice release then Beggars

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

shit i dont remember hearing Answered before. it rules

Chase Tremaine and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. Deathco_019

Drummer

I gotta listen to Beggars again too. Been listening to a lot of individual songs from it lately but gotta give it a full spin again. Doublespeak and All That's Left really grew on me over time. I've always liked them but I've been listening to them a lot more now. Circles still remains my favorite song by this band. In Exile and Beggars are still among my favorites from the album too.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  15. Interesting. I think Earth is the only EP that isn't particularly redudandant and that has something to offer from all 6 songs. I could easily cut 2 songs off of each of the other EPs

16. Funny you point those two out, All That's Left and Doublespeak are two of the most important songs in my life. All That's Left is how my brother and I first started getting along and showing Doublespeak to a stranger started the relationship with the guy who's now my best friend

17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Beggars is very very very good.

Tim and Chase Tremaine like this.
  18. I think the best songs are the ones that have the extended musical outros: Circles, Doublespeak, In Exile, At the Last, Wood and Wire, Beggars. I think it was a really cool structural conceit to have throughout the album and it makes me wish The Weight and The Great Exchange had some beautiful, reflective outros as well

19. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The Flame Deluge, Open Water, Firebreather, Backdraft. That first Alchemy album is stacked with solid songs.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Air & Earth is a perfect album except for Lion and Wolf and As the Crow Flies. The forme is poop and the latter is unspectacular folk. I only really care about 5 songs on Fire & Water but they're great

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  22. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Whaaaat As the Crow Flies is amazing. I find the guitar part so interesting.

teebs41 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. Naaahhhh Lion and the Wolf is awesome. So uniquely moody and fable-like. Especially awesome live with a candlelit stage, haha

Ryan Garner likes this.
  24. I do agree with @Your Milkshake about Crow Flies though, I think it's Thrice's weakest song since "The Next Day" hahahahhaha

25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

that is a generic as hell piano riff

Deathco_019 likes this.