Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Band • Page 251

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

what a good band lol. enjoying dustin’s pod a lot too.

Ken, waking season and theagentcoma like this.
  2. bestofmoss

Regular

Maybe a dumb question here but would someone mind helping me understand how Black Honey became such a smash hit for Thrice?

I admittedly stopped really listening to them after their post-Beggars breakup and was pretty surprised when I saw Black Honey as (faaarr and away) their most played song on Spotify. Even ahead of like Artist and the Ambulance. Was it on a movie soundtrack or something?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

It’s just their best song

bestofmoss likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think simply because the mainstream alt rock crowd loves that kind of music. It fits in with a lot of radio hits. Even Seether covered it

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I honestly don’t know

bestofmoss and scottlechowicz like this.
  6. Spenny

Regular

IIRC it was used a bit during sports broadcasts in the U.S. - can't remember exactly the details aside from seeing it featured in the WWE Money in the Bank PPV in 2016, but I think ESPN and more used it as well. It was also pushed to radio so it got some airplay on alt rock stations. On top of that, I think it benefited from being their first major single after reuniting, along with the fact that it is a genuinely good song.

beachdude, bestofmoss and Ken like this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Have you listened to the song.

Also, new material, especially singles, do better on streaming platforms.

bestofmoss likes this.
  8. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

So Thrice got added to the Coheed cruise? That's quite the lineup.

Ken likes this.
  9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

made the (bad dad) joke on the article that they better play the Water EP in full. or would that be too on the nose?

beachdude, coleslawed and anonimito like this.
  10. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'm glad Black Honey got as big as it did. I'll take Thrice getting recognition in rock radio any day!

beachdude and ezmo311 like this.
  11. Jackbo487

Regular

I saw Black Honey played pretty frequently on a couple SiriusXM channels around its release, I bet that had something to do with it

beachdude and Spenny like this.
  12. Greg

Dustin just confirmed they will be playing the Vheissu b-sides on the tour. Nice.

13. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

UK hardcore band Palm Reader doing a pretty faithful rendition of Circles:

beachdude, coleslawed and riotspray like this.
  14. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Dustin said on his podcast that they will be playing 3 b sides from Vheissu. That means they will be playing Lullaby, right?

15. atlas

Trusted

Riley has posted his annual year end list, on which I will assuredly find some fucking awesome stuff I haven't listened to yet (as is the case every year)

My 20 Favorite Records of 2019

16. socklord

Trusted

Love it when Riley does his lists and recommendations. I always find something new to enjoy. I’m listening to Sleep Token now and I like what I’m hearing. I enjoyed the Glassing song he linked as well.

beachdude and waking season like this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

His eoty lists are always great. It’s how I discovered Kowloon Walled City in 2012

18. jols

Trusted Prestigious

was not aware of this

19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

he definitely had some pretty shitty takes around that era/being super involved in the church. seems like he's had an "awakening" or whatever regarding that. as a jew, im glad they changed the lyrics and he seems to be examining his past stances.

20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I wasn’t aware of that term’s connotations either

21. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

beachdude, scottlechowicz and Cameron like this.
  22. Greg

Can’t wait to see what the rest of the set looks like. I still have a month to go or so.

23. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

So i can’t make the show Saturday anymore and i sold my ticket on stubhub. Didn’t realize my ticket was will call. So i tried to arrange to let the buyer pick it up in my place and they refused. Now stubhub is going to charge me 40% of the sale price? Does this seem right?

24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

where'd you buy the tickets from? LiveNation?

25. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Sound Rink

they won’t send me a mobile or pdf copy.