Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Band • Page 250

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think there's anything wrong with supporting a Patreon temporarily. The cost of goods for the creator remains the same regardless so you're just putting extra money in their pockets. There are wayyyy too many Patreons that I'd like to subscribe to but can't afford them all, so I just rotate. I'll do one for a few months then move to another for a little bit while I catch up and then go to another. I feel like as long as you're not purposely trying to get stuff for less than it's worth and are supporting the artists the best you can, it's not douchey

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Great write up!

3. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Great album ranking but I’d swap the alchemy placements and then its pretty close to my list

4. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Oddly enough, I think their last two albums have been their most political. Also, nice avatar.

Tomozaurus likes this.
  5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The Beggars anniversary show is in less than two weeks!

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wait....they’re doing a Beggars and Vheissu anniv show?

7. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Beggars is one show, Vheissu is a whole tour

Cameron likes this.
  8. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I wish it was the opposite tbh

Kevin360 and Joe4th like this.
  9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I’m going to both

waking season and scottlechowicz like this.
  10. DesolateEarth

Birb

As a Vheissu lover, that tour is going to be everything!

11. Greg

I could go either way. But there are more Vheissu songs I haven’t seen live that I really want to see than Beggars songs. But that’s just my luck in getting to see so many Beggars songs live already.

12. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

As a "Vheissu is my 2nd favorite album ever made" person, this tour would be everything to me if it was coming remotely close to me.

13. DesolateEarth

Birb

Atlantic, Like Moths To Flame, Between The End And Where We Lie, Stand And Feel Your Worth....so many amazing deep cuts that I cant wait to experience live

Anthony Brooks, Greg and .K. like this.
  14. Greg

Nailed it

DesolateEarth likes this.
  15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

guess they ran out of ideas?

16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Or they just want to use all the resources available to come up with something really compelling!

17. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Thrice is dad.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  18. socklord

Trusted

Been on a Thrice kick lately. Listened to Vheissu, Beggars, and TBEITBN, as well as other songs here and there. Been meaning to get around to Palms, but I was never really a fan of it beyond the week it was released. Holding out hope that my opinion changes.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I posted in the Thursday thread the other day how much I adore their b side album.

Then I thought wow why hasn’t Thrice released a nice album with all their amazing b sides!?

.K. likes this.
  20. socklord

Trusted

Speaking of their b-sides, Answered is a very good and very underrated song. Would have been an awesome inclusion on Beggars, but I'm not sure where.

Ken and Anthony Brooks like this.
  21. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

We Move Like Swing Sets is severely under appreciated

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Answered is actually my fav Thrice b side, and it’s off my fav Thrice album so no surprise.

Ken, Dirty Sanchez and socklord like this.
  23. DesolateEarth

Birb

The Weight of Glory and Flags of Dawn are both brilliant b-sides and could have easily made it onto Vheissu without feeling like filler.

Ken, .K. and waking season like this.
  24. socklord

Trusted

Ya know, I think I agree with you. I used to say Flags Of Dawn, but my enjoyment of that song has waned over time. It's still a good one though. Sea Change is a really good too. Yeah, I've gotta go with Answered.

25. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Flags of Dawn is my favorite Thrice b side but almost all of them are great. Eclipse and Motion Isn’t Meaning are up there too.

Ken likes this.