Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Band • Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Two of my favorite things

Dirty Sanchez and waking season like this.
  2. dlemert

Trusted

Dustin was on the BadChristian podcast the other day and mentioned the band plans to head into the studio in the near future to start "seriously writing" the next record.

3. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

good, I was tired of them only writing semi-seriously on the past 2 records.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

hopefully touring Vheissu will light a fire under their butts about what fans want to hear.

coleslawed, Ken, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  5. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

don't get me wrong I love their current sound, especially the last album sounded dope, I just thought the songs weren't up to snuff (and my personal gripe the lyrics were a little too in your face)

Ken likes this.
  6. jols

Trusted Prestigious

Thrice doesn't write music catered towards fans' opinions though.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Whatever they write, hopefully it diverges from the Palms sound a bit.

RuckerPark, oncenowagain and Ken like this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I kinda feel like Thrice is conscious of their fan base and I don’t think that’s a bad think. They really try and have albums that reflect their diverse sound.

Even though the Palms/Deeper Wells era isn’t even close to my Top 3 favourite Thrice eras, there are some songs from there that would easily make my list of all time great Thrice songs.

9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I think Palms is their best record so I'm cool with them continuing in that direction

scottlechowicz likes this.
  10. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Palms is fantastic. It has definitely raised my expectations for what is to come.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Beyond The Pines is my favorite Thrice song, period

12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

There's some standout tracks on Palms and I like that they keep moving in new directions musically, but some of the album is meh. Hopefully they push in the direction of songs like Beyond the Pines, Just Breathe, and Blood on Blood.

13. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

There are like three songs I’ll ever go back to on Palms

RuckerPark and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  14. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Y’all acting like to be everywhere wasn’t one of their best albums

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

To Be Everywhere was fantastic, and I give them even more credit having that release as a their first album post hiatus. Some songs from that album give me chills when they start.

RuckerPark likes this.
  16. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

While Palms fell out of rotation for me faster than anything in their discography, I still really love it. I also just really love this band and they'll get a pass over things other bands won't for me.

New Thrice will always be welcomed by me, and I'll always appreciate what these dudes are churning out in their 40s.

oncenowagain, .K. and waking season like this.
  17. DesolateEarth

Birb

Palms wasnt their best but was still pretty good

Hoping all the Vheissu anniversary hype inspires them to integrate a bit of that sound into the next record though!

.K. likes this.
  18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

As someone whose favorite Thrice album after Beggars isn't a Thrice album but instead Dustin's Carry the Fire album (& who has a soft spot for the best Modern Post songs), I think I'm more into the side project he's talked about forever w/ his brother than the next Thrice album. Anyone know if that's still a thing?

19. Kmil

Trusted

Palms was and is fantastic

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wherever they go sound-wise they need the guy who produced/mixed TBEITBN again

.K. and Ken like this.
  21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Eric Palmquist produces TBEITBN and co produced Palms (with Thrice).

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  22. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

It’s awesome they have their own studio again. That is when they make their best work

23. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Ken and KidLightning like this.
  24. Tomozaurus

Regular

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Ja is vicious at the rim.