Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Band • Page 234

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

I never had a negative interaction with Perry prior to my recent hiatus. He hadn't posted in a while — since he ranted like Jerry Maguire about how much he doesn't like this place. Suddenly, he reemerges to insult me every which way, while relaying some wild-eyed story that he spent time with Thrice in January, talking Mike J. Then, he posted countless times in an incoherent fashion, asked to be banned (and was), created a new account and mentioned how he was stoned.

So, yeah, I just want to keep my head down and talk Thrice.

2. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Damn. I hope you just understand that getting to the bottom of this story is my cross to bear. Clearly you can relate to me in that regard.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Oh no, we have to put this thread down too now. :tear:

coleslawed, teebs41, Davjs and 4 others like this.
  4. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Jesus Christ. How are the threads for such a great band so godawful??

Ken, Tomozaurus, anonimito and 5 others like this.
  5. DesolateEarth

Birb

Im just saying, Jason can literally see IP addresses. So if he says you're Tina I'm inclined to believe it.

6. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

There's a reason we all left the Palms thread. Let's keep it over there and not ruin this thread too because after that, there is no other safe Thrice thread (until they announce their next album in a couple years)

momo32t, anonimito, Davjs and 2 others like this.
  7. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Top 5 b-sides:
    A Better Bridge
    Flags of Dawn
    In This Storm
    Sea Change
    Motion Isn't Meaning

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I felt weird putting in two songs from Deeper Wells because it’s still new, but I know they belong.

I hope going forward they record more songs for an album or something. 14 to 16 or so is good for an era in my mind (that could be (album, b sides, covers, alt versions).

I’d also like to point out I really enjoy the Words in The Water and Circles remixes.

beachdude likes this.
  9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Seriously. No offense, but I couldn't care less about Mike J or any of that drama. It's funny sometimes, but now it's just annoying that it dominates the entire thread.

RJ Knorr, coleslawed, .K. and 2 others like this.
  10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It was funny at first, but now the thread has just become a big mess of shitposting nonsense.

.K., beachdude and Davjs like this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah, please don't bring that shit into this one too.

Micool1 and beachdude like this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

So pre Deeper Wells this probably would be my top 5, but in a different order.

The 4 Deeper Well songs are so good though, my top 5 would be those with Motion isn't Meaning.

Jbent and beachdude like this.
  13. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Fuck. I gotta say this, and I’m sorry to anyone who came in here looking for some quiet Thrice time. Michael: Sure seems like you’re ego has been bruised enough that you’re here circling the drain with this self-pity nonsense. You might as well come clean or just stop repeatedly bringing it up, bc yeah, Jason can see the backend of this shit and literally all you do is waltz in here to talk about how you can’t talk about Thrice after some rather big slip-ups that, yeah I’d be embarrassed about too. So don’t fear, I feel ya on that. Perry has nothing to lose, so I don’t see why making up stories gets in our good graces; pretty sure we’d all moved on after the Tina Holstrom call-out, the overwhelming amount of vague stories with some bullshit stance of “wish I could tell you more,” like you’re Tom DeLonge looking for UFOs. Then you vanished for awhile, only to come back when your *ahem* “good name” was damaged. To me, that’s precisely how I would respond if I was up my own ass enough and was a total narcissist. Continually dropping vague hints about your own history is just pathetic, man... and it only makes you look guiltier when you rant about it late at night when no one is really around. I’m willing to hear you out Mikey, but you gotta swallow a dose of your own pride before coming back to just casually talk Thrice. Redemption is only a post away.

:peace:

coleslawed and .K. like this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think we need some clarification on whether Mike is Tina or not, bc if that is true and Tina was a Mike J alt, thats a serious offense. Sexual assualt is not something to mess around with or lie about, that can't just be let go.

.K. likes this.
  15. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

And we can bring all this back to the other thread. I mean, it’s already infected; no reason to bring this one down to that level, too. But since it was brought up here, couldn’t keep quiet. Just have to apologize to the silent bystanders in here for bringing this dirty laundry into this thread.

.K. likes this.
  16. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

So this was in the other thread? No wonder I’m lost. This is weird.

17. Jbent

Trusted

I honestly havent heard deeper wells yet so that's my pre-palms top 5 b sides lol

Davjs and Jesse West like this.
  18. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Only Deeper Wells track I can't see anywhere near my b-sides top 5 is the title track.

19. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Y'all, I ignored that thread. I didn't watch this anime.

20. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Red Telephone
    A Better Bridge (even though it's a "continuation" of the Palms experience)
    Weight of Glory
    Sea Change
    Answered

Tomozaurus likes this.
  21. Tomozaurus

Regular

Answered
    Flags of Dawn
    In This Storm
    Red Telephone
    Stumbling West

Jbent likes this.
  22. Jbent

Trusted

I think lullaby, eclipse, and weight of glory are all really good b sides too. Narrowing down to 5 was tough because Thrice has released some solid tracks not on their respective albums. Beggars definitely should have included red telephone and answered somewhere.

Tomozaurus likes this.
  23. Tomozaurus

Regular

Yeah, I especially had trouble leaving off Weight of Glory. I'm willing to admit its possibly I chose Stumbling West from recency bias.

24. DesolateEarth

Birb

Still havent heard any of the Deeper Wells songs but it would be interesting to see if any of them break into my top 5 when I do.

Jbent likes this.
  25. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

What a shocker

Ken, Joe4th and gonz (Alex) like this.