Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Band • Page 230

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

But to say the set lacked heaviness is disingenuous at best. Just because it didn't have their heaviest material – though I would certainly argue it had 2 of their (traditionally) heaviest songs, not to mention the others I mentioned – doesn't mean it wasn't heavy.

And this is for a crowd going to see a band who just released an album with these songs:

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah I get all that, but I bet most the crowd wanted BMTH to play their older stuff more :-)

I'm just saying Artist songs may have gone over better. nothing disingenuous to find here.

3. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Like I said, sounds like a bad crowd >-p.

4. Davjs

Trusted

I'd die for that Thrice set so I agree with this as well.

KidLightning likes this.
  5. DesolateEarth

Birb

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Mine hasn’t shipped yet either. I’m assuming it says out of stock now because they sold brought their allotment. They were limited to begin with, so maybe they are finally getting around to selling out? Amazon is showing a release date of April 12th now - so probably just got pushed back a couple weeks.

DesolateEarth likes this.
  7. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

My Amazon orders say May 3rd now. And yeah, I think both Artist pressings are sold out.

8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I was listening to Artist this morning and the back half of the album is just so good. I love the whole thing, but Hoods on Peregrine -> The Melting Point of Wax -> Blood Clots and Black Holes is easily my favorite three song stretch on the album.

9. Tomozaurus

Regular

Totally agree, I often just start at Hoods and listen to the album from there.

teebs41, Davjs and Ken like this.
  10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Ken likes this.
  11. mescalineeyes

just admit that I'm the fantasy Prestigious

hey Thrice thread, long time no see, please don't murder me but I bring news of Emma Ruth Rundle, who will be playing a show with Deafheaven and Russian Circles in November and this is a dope line-up.

coleslawed, theagentcoma and Ken like this.
  12. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm gonna avoid the Palms thread going forward.

13. Argus

Probably for the best.

I like that Artist variant better than the clear SRC one.

Dirty Sanchez, Davjs and Ken like this.
  14. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Yeah and I dig that they threw Eclipse on it too. Not sure if that was on other versions or not, but I enjoy that song a lot.

Dirty Sanchez and Davjs like this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

I know we talked about Deeper Wells in the other thread and how to work it into Palms, but after a lot of time with it I kind of like the two albums as they are. Both have awesome opening and closing tracks.

coleslawed, Anthony Brooks and Ken like this.
  16. momo32t

Trusted

I should probably defect to here as well. The Palms thread diverted from Deeper Wells conversation many pages back, which should be the primary topic of discussion there.

.K., anonimito, Ken and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I'm excited to listen to it when it gets a digital release finally haha

18. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I’m enjoying Deeper Wells a lot and i agree, it clearly fits in with the Palms stuff but it totally stands on its own as a great EP

teebs41, Davjs and Ken like this.
  19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

What's deeper wells like? I was not a fan of Palms at all, but is the ep a different direction?

Dirty Sanchez and Joe4th like this.
  20. momo32t

Trusted

I would categorize it as one heavy song, two medium and one soft song.

For the two medium, they draw a lot of influence from Beggars in my opinion. The one soft one draws a lot from Palms.

I would associate my comments with the names of tracks, but I imagine people would rather find out on their own.

Bryan Diem and Davjs like this.
  21. Argus

Both SRC versions also have Eclipse, but this pressing is still better.

I hope that these being re-pressed is indicative of them perhaps doing the same for Beggars and Major/Minor.

Ken, momo32t and Davjs like this.
  22. Davjs

Trusted

Palms is such a mixed bag, you didn't like any of it?

momo32t likes this.
  23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I moderately liked parts but distinctly disliked almost half of it, sadly.

Ken and Joe4th like this.
  24. xthricex

Regular

Deeper wells ep is incredible (binging vinyl is hard though). Replacing songs from palms with these songs instantly improves palms and I think it would feel more even as a whole. Deeper wells feels more like thrice than palms at times. But glad we have deeper wells songs to enjoy.

ezmo311 likes this.
  25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I like all the songs from Palms and Deeper Wells to varying degrees. It was nice to have an injection of new Thrice music recently, but I remember listening tonPalms and when it was done I just found myself wishing there was two more songs.

I still wonder what next for them. Does anything think they’ve all started writing pieces of music again, or will they take a break between albums to regroup/have a life. I’m not sure what their record deal with Epitaph is. The guys do have side projects too, and I really could see them doing an album of alt versions of songs (in more of an Earth EP The Earth Isn’t Humming kinda or way or Circles from Beggars sense).