Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Band • Page 229

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Same here. I have the translucent blue.

Vheissu looks to be on clear, and Artist is coke bottle clear. I'll probably wait to see what the extras on the deluxe versions are, but I'm leaning that way since I already have both albums on colored vinyl, and in hues that I prefer to these.

DeRRek likes this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

My copy of Vheissu sounds like ass so I should probably pick this up

but can we please repress Beggars already

scottlechowicz likes this.
  3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m expecting beggars reissue for 10 year at some point as well

scottlechowicz likes this.
  4. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I've got my Beggars art hanging up at my desk at work, next to TDH's Act IV and mwY's Ten Stories, currently.

5. DeRRek

Trusted

Cool, mine is the gold variant. Yeah. I’ll wait and see what they have included first.

6. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

taita should have 'eclipse', motion without meaning', and the acoustic version of 'stare into the sun'.

Davjs and DeRRek like this.
  7. DeRRek

Trusted

Definitely acoustic stare at the sun!

8. momo32t

Trusted

The 180g pressings may be enough to get my 3rd copy of TAITA and my 2nd copy of Vheissu. Ugh.

9. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

It looks like there are no extra tracks on the deluxe versions. Just expanded artwork, and of course 180g vinyl.

DeRRek likes this.
  10. DeRRek

Trusted

Oh well. Probably won’t bother getting them. I have copies of both so maybe not worth it.

momo32t likes this.
  11. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I picked up Red Sky because why not?

12. DesolateEarth

Birb

I may have just bought all 3. Worth it.

oncenowagain likes this.
  13. InExile

Regular

Flags of Dawn is sooo good.

14. DesolateEarth

Birb

Both Flags and Weight are amazing. It's such a shame there wasn't a place for either on the album :(

Davjs likes this.
  15. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The Artist pressings will have Eclipse on them.

I ordered the Red Sky EP. You can’t even stream it nowadays so definitely worth it. I have the sea monster Vheissu and the red colored Artist pressings so I’m going to hold off on those.

momo32t, Davjs and DeRRek like this.
  16. InExile

Regular

They need to add Motion Isint Meaning to the Artist vinyl too.

Ken likes this.
  17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Saw the band open for Bring Me The Horizon last night, and they played nothing from Artist, and just two from Vheissu. The rest were just the mid-tempo songs from the rest of their later albums, none of which make much of an impression in a big live setting such as an arena, especially in front of a crowd more accustomed to heavier music, like BMTH. Wish they would have played more of their heavier material, but I know they most likely want to promote their later albums at this point. But still. I'm sure this has already been discussed in this thread, but I haven't even lurked in here, so I have no idea. But yeah, the crowd and myself wished we were treated to the heavier material

Davjs likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

I'm really surprised they didn't play more from Artist. Esp since Paper Tigers was on their last tour set.

19. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

There's a good amount of heavy here:

Only Us
    Silhouette
    Hurricane
    Hold Up a Light
    Black Honey
    Of Dust and Nations
    Whistleblower
    The Grey
    The Arsonist
    The Window
    The Earth Will Shake

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Ehhh, compared to some of their other material, like Under a Killing Moon, or Paper Tigers, some of these songs are fairly tame. "The Earth Will Shake" is really the only one the crowd really got into, that had a real heaviness to it that the crowd caught onto

stars143 and Davjs like this.
  21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I was hoping for Paper Tigers, as I knew that's a song the BMTH crowd would have really loved, but alas.

Davjs likes this.
  22. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Sounds like a bad crowd rather than a bad set list. The Arsonist is easily one of their heaviest songs, and Only Us, Silhouette, Dust, Whistleblower, The Grey, and The Window all go hard at least some point in the song, especially live.

Plus the set ended with 3 of their top 10 songs all in a row.

coleslawed and DesolateEarth like this.
  23. Davjs

Trusted

The setlist is great for a Thrice fan, but I get what they are saying. I would have guessed more Artist songs for that crowd. The ending to Whistleblower has nothing on the ending of Under a Killing Moon, and that would have stood out more to that crowd I think.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  24. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Now that I've seen both bands together, I'm not sure Thrice was the best choice for this crowd; their whole vibe and sound just seemed to not mesh with the BMTH crowd

DesolateEarth likes this.
  25. Davjs

Trusted

Maybe not, but I'm glad they tried something new. I'm sure the crowd size played into the choice to join the tour.