Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Band • Page 228

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jan 9, 2016.

1. For me, "Yellow" would be in my bottom 3 for the album, "Anthology" maybe bottom 5. It bums me out that those are the only two songs from the album that they've been playing live anymore.

teebs41 likes this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Blur is a great song

3. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

4. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

One of my bands played there, too.

5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

So, if I was someone looking for all of Thrice’s b-sides... could anyone help me with that?

inwaves likes this.
  6. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

It’s funny, something I’ve been thinking on lately and wondered if anyone else noticed this. It seemed (to me at least) back during the earlier years (IoS, AITA, Vhessiu era) people looked down or snickered about Dustin’s faith/religion/religious writing in his lyrics even though they were fans of the band. Also, many believed the band to be a Christian band, which wasn’t the case. Almost the same way people viewed underoath for years. Just from remembering reading people’s comments/the old thrice message boards. Granted I was much younger back then, growing up in a evangelical conservative home. Now that Dustin has really grown in his views/faith etc, it almost seems that the fan base has flipped and can’t believe how he’s changed his views and thoughts and that he doesn’t follow the Bible anymore and are more opposite of that. I see myself like Dustin, growing and learning more and more everyday. Maybe just me? Not sure haha.

7. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

try the b-sides thread. lots of people there have all kinds of hidden gems.

The Latest Greatest B-Sides Thread

8. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

wat

9. Lucas27

Trusted

I’ll like any post in this thread that’s worse than my fortune teller story.

10. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

“Academy that they had come up with the name Thrice out of desperation and an inside joke; when a friend had told Dustin that he had beaten the Game Boy video game Frogger twice, Dustin replied he had actually beaten it “thrice.”

bachna84 and Kevin360 like this.
  11. DesolateEarth

Birb

Have you listened to Palms in alphabetical order yet?

Micool1, Greg, scottlechowicz and 2 others like this.
  12. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

What about geographical?

13. momo32t

Trusted

Cameron likes this.
  14. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, I really want that hat and blanket lol

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

DesolateEarth and DeRRek like this.
  16. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

I always wanted the issue of Vheissu that had that weird sea beast on it.

DeRRek likes this.
  17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

18. airik625 Jan 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2019)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

No clue. Hoping tracks like Flags Of Dawn, Weight of Glory, etc. as for TAITA - no clue.

EDIT: it looks like Red Sky EP is getting pressed also (smoke) - supposedly limited.

Thrice - Red Sky EP (smoke colored vinyl)

serotonin likes this.
  19. DeRRek

Trusted

That’s the one i’ve got. When I started looking for a copy and saw that one I thought “yup, I’m getting this one” haha.

20. DesolateEarth

Birb

21. Linton9488

Regular

I think Major / Minor is my fave Thrice record. Every other record of theirs from Artist onwards I find hard to split. Great band!

teebs41 likes this.
  22. InExile

Regular

Beggars is their best but you can surely choose another as your favorite!

Joe4th and Linton9488 like this.
  23. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

This is why I had to own two copies of Vheissu.

DeRRek likes this.
  24. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Weirdly enough, Red Sky EP was the release that got me into Thrice. I had heard stuff previous but it never clicked, but I "found" that EP and fell in love with it.

airik625 likes this.
  25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

The embossed sea monster Vheissu pressing is so sick, I have the gold. Really hoping a Beggars pressing comes out soon

johnnyferris and scottlechowicz like this.