Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Vheissu: 15th Anniversary Tour w/ mewithoutYou / Drug Church / Holy Fawn Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Sep 17, 2019.

1. MegT585

Trusted

Mewithoutyou merch pic?

2. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Having never heard mwy's music before, I personally found their set/music awful; I could barely stand and listen through their entire set. Seeing people around me into it and movin' around had me baffled, but that's art in a nutshell of course. Their sound is all over the place and I just couldn't vibe with it at all. But Holy Fawn were fantastic. Didn't seem like the rest of the crowd was all that into it, but with the band's sound being so much darker/heavier than the rest of the bands (especially Drug Church), it wasn't a sound most were probably familiar with. Drug Church was ok; decent fast punk sound. Going through the rest of Holy Fawn's catalog today

3. TMS2787

Trusted

Looks like just the second show got the 19-song set. Sigh.

4. Brodobaggins34

They fixed your brain when you were young.

:(

Glad you liked Holy Fawn though!

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I was most def in the minority with this opinion, as it seemed like most around me were moving to their music. I'm a much bigger fan of Thrice's earlier material, which is heavier and faster, so the darker/grittier sound of Holy Fawn appealed to me much more

6. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

I mean Thrice's sound is all over the place too across their discography. To each their own. mewithoutYou is one of my favorite groups of all time, but I'll agree that last night's set was less than optimal. Won't be the last time I see them this year if I can do anything about it.

7. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I'm so goddamn pumped for tonight, Vheissu is my favorite album of all time, and in recent years mewithoutYou has become one of my favorite bands, so this is gonna be emotional for me.

8. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

C U in the pit

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  10. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

11. MexicanGuitars

Oh boy, Dustin was really sick tonight, was repeatedly apologizing for his voice. Unfortunately it showed, was basically singing an octave down 75% of the show except for some screaming parts and a couple clean sections.

Because of that, after Vhessiu only got Circles, Black Honey, and something an encore idk because I left at that point.

Edit: Really enjoyed all the openers tho

natefoundglory likes this.
  12. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Poor Dustin was damn-near on his deathbed and could barely sing a note, so that sucks. They cut a few from the post-set, and were inexplicably brought back for an encore even though Dustin couldn't even talk.

13. xthricex

Regular

Felt really bad for Dustin, you could tell after the earth will shake he had nothing left. However I was super bummed they bumped the bsides instead of the mix of other songs. Literally was just as stoked for those as vheissu. Flags of dawn, lullaby, weight of glory >> black honey, circles, words in the water. But ultimately grateful they didn’t cancel, Dustin was not well.

14. bennjeff

Regular

Looks like tonight’s show is postponed due to Dustin being sick. That’s a bummer

15. MexicanGuitars

Dustin was the most sick i've seen a performer last night since the Twin Atlantic singer was yakking outside the venue before doing mustering up the strength do three songs on the YM@6/Swellers tour.

16. atlas

Trusted

Chicago is just destined to never hear any Thrice B sides live. Thinking back to that tour with Circa a couple years ago where they played Red Telephone the whole tour before inexplicably dropping it for Yellow Belly in Chicago, the second to last show of the tour lol

17. atlas

Trusted

also can a fella please get a proper Holy Fawn headlining show around here in the near future thank you very much

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Bad news: Thrice is sick and Detroit is cancelled.

Good news: Drug Church is playing Edgemen Printing in Clinton Township tonight. Doors at 6:30. Get there.

19. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Sucks for Thrice and their fans but Drug Church would put on a good show so not a total loss

riotspray likes this.
  20. ALT/MSC/FAN

The Drug Church pop-up was sick as fuck. We got Guidance Counselor. I am content.

riotspray and johnnyferris like this.
  21. flask

Trusted Supporter

Please tell me everyone screamed the line.

riotspray and johnnyferris like this.
  22. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I’m still so salty about that.

23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

So jealous!

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

HELL YEAH THEY DID

Just about as much as the chemical fire line in Weed Pin. It ruled.

riotspray likes this.
  25. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

If you don’t sell these by Friday I’ll buy them off of you. I’m just waiting on money myself and unfortunately a mortgage comes first before concerts. Let me know!

Mason likes this.