Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere (May 27, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Lucas27

Trusted

Beggars is my 2nd favorite Thrice album behind Vheissu. Don't think Thrice has released a mediocre album but that's the only other record of theirs I'd categorize as "brilliant". But it's not the most immediately gripping Thrice release by any means. More than any other Thrice record, I'd say it's kind of like a fine wine.

2. InExile

Regular

Beggars is their best album, scientific fact.

kyle likes this.
  3. Deathco_019

Drummer

I am cautiously optimistic for this.

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I'll be shocked if I don't love this

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Still can't get over how good that first single is. Trying to limit how many times I listen to it because there's still quite a bit of time left before the album even drops.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

There was a lot of really positive buzz for this in the other thread. Positive buzz from those who've heard it already.

I want to be one of those people. I would do literally anything.

T.J., fenway89 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  7. airik625

If I didn't already have new Deftones and Writer to listen to, then I would want it right now, too. So I guess I want it next week.

8. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

How long do I have to write album reviews before Thrice (or Vagrant) thinks I'm legit enough to get an advance?

I could do it for a living for the weekend. Would that work?

fenway89 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  9. I managed to stay away from it for the past week or so, but I revisited it today and fell in love all over again.

10. airik625

Yeah It's actually been close to a week since I listened to it last also. I hate when records come out and I already know 3-4 songs off the album. That's why lately I'll listen to the first single a few times and then not listen to anything else until the album release.

11. Same here. I've had the pleasure lately of purchasing albums and going into them completely blind. That kind of listening experience is really refreshing

fenway89 likes this.
  12. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I know in he Q and A thread in the supporters forum I asked Jason his thoughts, he said he really liked it and could see himself revisiting it in the fall and it could end up in his top 15 or top 10 of the year.

After hearing so many people that heard it say it's a good continuation from Beggars I decided to revisit that album this week. The second half of that album is easily the best material this band has produced.

13. demo

i said dont @ me

im really excited for this, the single is great

14. Interesting that you point out the second half. "Wood & Wire" in particular stands out to me as one of Thrice's best ever.

Ryan Garner and fenway89 like this.
  15. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

THERES A GUN IN MY HAND, OR THERE MIGHT AS WELL BE

16. T.J.

music and baseball.

I can't wait for this. So happy I got one of the grey LPs.

17. Connor

That song is incredible! Basically that song onward is just fantastic. I had never realized that till just recently

18. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

Does anyone else get sort of a "modern rock radio" vibe from Blood on the Sand?

19. josephcissell

Regular

^Yes, I definitely feel that as well. I love the song, but it did strike me as a little odd.

KimmyGibbler likes this.
  20. KimmyGibbler

Everywhere you look... Prestigious

I think the song is ok, hoping for more on the album. If the single is indicative of the tone of the album I may be disappointed.

SeeTheLights likes this.
  21. Connor

I don't hear the radio rock vibe people keep claiming to hear on Blood on the Sand at all...

Also from what I've heard the whole album is very straightforward, so don't be expecting too much weirdness or you'll be let down.

22. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

I like the song a lot, don't really get the rock radio thing either. Lyrically, it's different from what I was expecting from Thrice, but I don't think it's a bad thing. I was listening to M/m again the other day, and that album is really really Christian. I can't believe I didn't notice that before.

Chase Tremaine and fenway89 like this.
  23. airik625

Yeah the Christian themes are impossible to ignore on Major/Minor.

Chase Tremaine and chhholly123 like this.
  24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

They're as equally present on Beggars and Vheissu.

KennedyBN, Chase Tremaine and T.J. like this.
  25. how have I not heard about this yet??