Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere (May 27, 2016) Album • Page 168

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tate, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

truelovewaits likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog

The Window is great. The guitar reminds me of something you might have heard on Hail to the Thief.

3. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Agreed, it's my favorite song on the album. Sounds like a heavy There, There to me.

4. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Still in my rotation all the time actually, just bought it on vinyl after a few months, but it's also still in my car ;D

5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Ken likes this.
  6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Ah man I wish they would have just put that in sheet music. It should be easy enough though. Thanks for sharing!

airik625 likes this.
  7. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Anyone else have a hard time listening to this album now? The lyrical themes just hit too close to home for me given the state of the world.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

That’s one of the things I like most about it.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah that makes me listen to it more

10. Davjs

Trusted

All The World Is Mad has been super relevant for years, but I still love it :-)

teebs41 and Transient_Hymn like this.
  11. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Guess I’m just a chump.

12. Davjs

Trusted

Naw, just a Thrice fan. It's all good.

sophos34 likes this.
  13. jols

Trusted Prestigious

yeah it's strange but my listening of this record increased following November 2016. the release timing was perfect, one of those "this becomes more and more true" records. there are a handful of big riff moments where i always crank the volume and it becomes therapeutic in a way.

14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Need to relisten to this beaut. Its been a very long time

Ryan Garner likes this.
  15. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

The Long Defeat keeps me going.

sophos34, KidLightning and Davjs like this.
  16. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

After jamming it all of summer 2016 I wasn’t listening much come fall, but starting literally the morning after the election I’ve been listening to it pretty frequently.

inwaves likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Listening to this record for the first time in a while with my good headphones. There’s so many guitar parts im noticing now for the first time..

Also I really love how in the second verse of the window the bass distortion kicks in panned hard right.. keeps this really eerie feel for that verse.

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

The window is too good. Peak thrice.

Quercus, waking season, Ken and 2 others like this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes! So glad I got to hear that two times live in the fall!

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

So I think I would have put this up there with beggars and vhiessu if it wasn’t for wake up hahha. Wake up is cool instrumentally too but the chorus hook just makes me cringe a bit. I try to focus on the instrumentals there lol.

coleslawed and Transient_Hymn like this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The back half of this record is just Effin unreal tho. Like death from above to whistle blower to salt and shadow is one of my favorite stretches of music

22. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Thought I'd never see Thrice after the hiatus, but have since managed to catch them three times with a fourth coming in a few weeks, and hearing the songs live has totally helped turn this album from good to really great imo, The Long Defeat is an absolute mainstay on many of my playlists and Hurricane may be my favourite Thrice song that isn't Firebreather. Very excited for the next one!

23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Come on you gotta wake up.

Iago and teebs41 like this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I love the chant at the end of long defeat live. I will never miss this band when they roll into down, I just know their Set is going to be unreal every time

beachdude42 and softanimal like this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I gotta see this band again