Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice / The Bronx / Teenage Wrist Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by JaytotheGee, Jun 5, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My show was

Doors 6:30
    Show 7:30
    Bronx 8:20
    Thrice 9:20

KidLightning likes this.
  2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Thanks! Doors are at 7 here and show is at 8, according to the HOB website, so I guess that puts The Bronx on around 8:50 and Thrice at 9:50 (until ~11:30?) if the schedule is similar.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  3. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Teenage Wrist was awesome when I saw them but I definitely understand your situation!

KidLightning likes this.
  4. Elder Lightning

I would love to see them, I enjoy their album, it just doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

bachna84 likes this.
  5. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I’m not gonna lie. I live a ten minute walk from the HOB but I have no interest in any of the bands but THRICE and my old ass hates standing too long so I’m getting there at like 9:15 lol

KidLightning likes this.
  6. Elder Lightning

I don’t blame you, but I love The Bronx so going to try and see some of their set.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Missing The Bronx is definitely a poor choice

OdeToTheSun and KidLightning like this.
  8. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Meh. I’m sure they are perfectly fine. At this point in my life, I’m perfectly fine missing a random band I haven’t heard of.

It’s just a matter of priorities, for me.

9. TMS2787

Trusted

I went to the show on Tuesday and besides the fact that I’m not a fan of the first two songs in the setlist Thrice was just as good as always, the new songs sounds good live. I am hoping for a spring / summer tour with a Pittsburgh and / or Columbus stop so I am see them again. I’m still under the impression that the vote for 3 songs a city contest was a bunch of nonsense as the Detroit show was 100% indenctial to the one from the night before according to Setlist.fm.

Damn. I was bummed they didn’t play Ews because it is my favorite song and I’d take it over Firebreather any day.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  10. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

RANDOM? They are The Bronx, my friend. a.k.a Mariachi El Bronx.

Zorlak and swboyd like this.
  11. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I actually got to the show earlier than I anticipated and caught most of the Bronx.

That ended up being a...poor choice. Decidedly not my thing.

12. atlas

Trusted

It’s ok good music’s not for everyone

Zorlak and JaytotheGee like this.
  13. OdeToTheSun

Ø

I had barely listened to The Bronx prior to this tour... but seeing them live now has changed that. Fuckin SICK.

14. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

It was really the “C’mon Orlando!” coupled with being called a “mother fucker” about a trillion times during the 45 minute set... that’s pretty much why I kinda came away with a negative opinion of them.

I said this somewhere here, but I can respect the ferocity of their musicianship. It was fast and intense, it was the presentation that simply wasn’t my thing.

15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

They literally made fun of Orlando last night. “Everyone down there is an idiot” is what I think they said. Or something similar.

I laughed so hard as the singer kept yelling “Whare are the punks at?!?”

Lol. So much second hand embarrassment.

16. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Oh shit, really? I was at the Orlando date, but I’m from around Tampa, so I don’t count, haha.

17. OdeToTheSun

Ø

The “motherfucker” thing doesn’t bother me at all. I’ve been to so many metalcore/deathcore shows where the vocalist will call everyone a p-word if they don’t mosh/hardcore dance, which is way worse (and DOES bother me)

riotspray likes this.
  18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Looking forward to tonight. I’ve had these tickets for what feels like forever

19. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Have fun tonight! I’ll be right up the street seeing A Perfect Circle. Wish I could be there

johnnyferris likes this.
  20. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

That was my 7th time seeing Thrice in the post hiatus era and that has to be my favorite. I thought the set list was perfect with some nice additions that I either haven’t seen at all or hadn’t seen in a while. The band sounded so polished and Dustin didn’t have mono this time like he did at their one off show with Manchester Orchestra.

It’s been a rough few months for me personally and the some of the lyrics tonight hit me harder than they ever have.

Davjs and Cgarnsay like this.
  21. xkaylinh Nov 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2018)
    Haven't realllly listened to them since Beggars. New stuff sounds nice live. Daedalus still makes me cry, but for some reason In Exile didn't this time around.

Kind of wish we got The Earth Will Shake and Come All You Weary, plus literally anything from Water, but I honestly don't know what I would've traded out, plus I'm pretty sure they played all those last time I saw them anyway.

They sound as good as ever.

Yup yup. Shit was bonkers. Probably the only unexpected songs for me.