Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Tease on Ten Year Anniversary of ‘The Alchemy Index’ • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 17, 2017.

1. In my book, M/m, Beggars, Vheissu, and The Illusion of Safety are all masterpieces :)

Bryan Diem likes this.
  2. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Ehh Air is my favorite of all time ;( I always wanted my band to sound like that! ..To have it on vinyl would be cool, but new music would be even better - and I learned quite recently that there's a b-side off of one the EPs, maybe they could finally release it!

3. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I think we've agreed on this before here, but Yellow Belly has always irked me from that album, and I don't even know why.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. Yeah...I don't know!

I'm extremely inconsistent in this regard because, on the one hand, I consider M/m to be a perfect album and one of my all-time favorites, yet on the other hand, I also prefer an 8-track version of the album where I chop off "Yellow Belly," "Call it in the Air," and "Listen Through Me"

5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

YB and CCIIA are 2 of the best songs on that record . . .

6. Respectfully disagree?

I think the construction of YB is very typical, and there are portions of the song (like the bridge) that have grown lackluster to me over time.

Call It issssss a great song, but two things really bother me: how repetitive the vocabulary of the lyrics is, and Dustin's performance. As it turns out, they were up against a deadline and had to record those vocals like Dustin was reallt sick -- which I think is the big issue. When I got to see Call It live, with Dustin's voice in tip-too shape, it was incredible.

7. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Well I love M/M and have only pleasant memories with it! I remember I didn't like Yellow Belly right when it came out - but it's nearly always the same with Thrice's first singles for me. The song is simple, but the tone of that baritone guitar is just enough! ;D

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  8. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Guitar on that album is so tasty

9. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

@Bryan Diem exactly! ;D and hearing some of those songs live this year was probably my greatest experience of a full guitar wrecking ball with amazing song craft ;D

Bryan Diem likes this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I hope there's some guitar wreckage this autumn

Bartek T. likes this.
  11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

You're attending the Thrice and Circa tour?! ;D seems like the best line-up in the world this year, two of my favorite bands, altogether with B&C, which I love, and CHON, which are really stellar and fun to my mind. If so, then have fun! ;D

12. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yep, I'm going to be at the Friday Philly date. Should be a blast. Are you going?

13. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That's really great! Have fun then! ;D ...too bad but I'm actually from Poland! I had to rent a van and drive to Belgium to see Thrice for the first time in my life this year! I've seen Circa twice in Germany, and B&C in Austria. This is life over here hahh.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Dang, that really puts into perspective how easy it is for me to just drive an hour for a show. I've never seen Thrice but I'm psychhhhed

15. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

It surely will be the best! ;D ..well, and we do have some shows here in Poland, I can go to a few bigger cities to see some good line-ups, but only from time to time ;d so very often we take a drive between 5-6h to other nearby Capital Cities, though with Thrice it was a heavier trip - we had to do it in 2 days, that's how fucking far it was then and it was worth it ;d

Bryan Diem likes this.