Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice Stream Their New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 26, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Thrice’s new album, To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere, is up for stream on YouTube. The album should be hitting streaming services and digital outlets shortly as well.

2. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

It's up on Apple Music

It's everything I wanted in a new thrice album

3. Sander

kflkmflkm

Thrice is (was??) my favourite band but i'm not sure about this record at all. The band has gotten too comfortable.

Song wise i'm still digesting the whole thing, but damn, so many weird production and mixing decisions on this. Especially the kick sound, horrible just horrible.

4. Anansi

It's up on spotify as well. Really liking this so far, but then again Major/Minor is (tied with Alchemy Index) as my favorite album from them.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Pretty damn good. I love Hurricane so much. It perfectly flows into Blood in the Sand.

6. CheapPop

Regular

Loving this record so far! Really digging the direction they are going. I was kind of iffy on Major/Minor, but this im digging so far.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Wow... The Long Defeat is amazing. So far my favorite track on this record.

atticusfinch likes this.
  8. princexero May 27, 2016
    (Last edited: May 27, 2016)
    princexero

Let's Lead, Not Follow

Powerful and brilliant album! I think this is their best album since Vheissu. Salt and shadow is a standout track. Which is your favourite?

9. princexero

Let's Lead, Not Follow

the kick sound is so good...why have you said that?

teebs41 and Jason Tate like this.
  10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I'm the complete opposite. I love old Thrice like the rest of us but I found everything post Vheissu to be just good not great. By the time Major/Minor came out, I was pretty much over this band. That record was half killer half filler and has almost zero replay value for me.

This record though... wow.. It is currently blowing me away. It's so good. I didn't care when these guys reunited but man am I glad to have these guys back now.

11. developurr

I hear nobody talking about Wake Up, but I love it so much. Classic rock and then ends with pure sludge. Love it. Fucking adore it.

The rest of the album is fire, too. :-O

12. Smitty

I think The Long Defeat and Hurricane are tied as my favorites at this point, but I am really enjoying this record.

13. jorbjorb

7 rings

the opener is pretty sick

14. bloodinthesand

Regular

I can't say this enough.....This album is perfect 10/10

teebs41 and princexero like this.
  15. bloodinthesand

Regular

Blood on the sand, the window(my favorite), wake up, black honey, hurricane, stay with me....It's insane how many good songs are on this album

teebs41 likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

Maybe I'll finally "get" Thrice with this one.

17. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

Just me and one other guy at work right now. He has agreed to let me blast this all day.

It's going to be a good day.

Ska Senanake and Smitty like this.
  18. kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

No b-sides or bonus tracks :(

19. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

I'm starting to like the record, but thank you I am glad I am not the only one, I thought the drums sounded way flat, mostly the snare for me though

20. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

My god this is good. I have missed Dustin's growl.

The new album to me is is shades of Artist in the Ambulance, Vheissu and the Alchemy Index EP’s. Welcome back Thrice.

21. ianzandi

Regular

I actually really really like this. I've tried so many times to get into Thrice but none of their albums have ever stuck with me. Kensrue's solo stuff, yes, just not Thrice. Idk if it's the production or what, but this album finally has me hooked

22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I like the album more than I thought I would off the first couple singles. Not sure if I like the guitars or vocals more, both sound awesome.

23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Three songs in and I'm loving this so far.

24. Bryan Diem

Trusted

What the fuck is this drum sound. Definitely caught me off guard, but I think I'm going to end up digging parts of this a lot. Blood on the Sand is still one of the worst songs in their career though

js977 likes this.
  25. jorbjorb

7 rings

the only song i liked before this album was artist in the ambulance.

I am enjoying this album front to back. thanks thrice.