Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 301

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. ezmo311

Regular Supporter

2. Davjs

Trusted

3. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I feel like I’m back in 2007 with this festival

Tomozaurus, Davjs and Ken like this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

UMMMM Meg & Dia back together?!?!?!?

St. Nate, Tomozaurus and KidLightning like this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

haha thats awesome!

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

is it bad that it's my biggest takeaway from the poster??? I would definitely go to this show though, for all 4 headliners

teebs41 likes this.
  7. Tomozaurus

Regular

No, it was my biggest takeaway as well haha

irthesteve likes this.
  8. Mike J Mar 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 26, 2019)
    Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Those are the bands Thrice will associate themselves with — even if one of them is The Used.

9. Davjs

Trusted

I'm not sure what the point of this is or what is trying to be said.

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d assume most successful bands have booking agents. If the location, rate and time are right, bands will probably play.

11. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

I was bringing up a prior argument and how Thrice will never purposefully play alongside the Seethers of the world.

12. Tomozaurus

Regular

And yet they toured in support of BMTH

Carrow and Davjs like this.
  13. Kmil

Trusted

Can we talk about Deeper Wells? @Mike J if you actually heard it, can you post some impressions?

Davjs likes this.
  14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Loved reading this thread about the books his kids read, ha!

coleslawed, Connor and DesolateEarth like this.
  15. Perry Burned

This right here has convinced me not to return to this thread or Chorus.fm. Which is my way of saying go ahead. Ban me. I don’t give a fuck.

What a pathetic response. Basically you posted this because you’re upset that users are abusing the report button for a non-issue. Based on this comment content I’m going to assume that you’re aware of the entire history of these exchanges as you’ve probably been seeing reports pop up since the beginning. Which means that you should be aware that this whole thing started because one person was upset that a brief recognition of the act of Thrice featuring a guest vocalist didn’t mention the most recent guest vocalist specifically by name.

That is the most petty and pathetic shit I have ever seen. The fact that a moderator didn’t jump in then and tell the crybabies to shut up and grow up is pathetic. There was nothing sexually harassing or discrimintory about the original comment. And the response of the individual who went overboard because of it deserved to be addressed and that’s it. Whatever responses that followed after Mr. Overboard went unaddressed were well deserved and no one’s fault but the moderators. When you let people go unchecked others will step in to do it.

Warning and points if someone jokes again? What is this, China? At this point if someone wants to rib about the whole thing as a way to commiserate that it’s amusing in hindsight and that we’re all here together both then and now, then they should be allowed to. But if Mr. Overboard and his sensitive henchmen can’t laugh at himself for his flaws and mistake, then they shouldn’t be allowed to be here. Also, as a moderator, if you can’t handle appropriately putting someone in their place (which by the way, I’m fairly certain that your response to this will be a big “how’s that for putting someone in their place?” which will again be just further evidence to my call out) then you shouldn’t be here either.

People are uncomfortable? Really? No. YOU are the one who is uncomfortable and aggravated. That’s the reality. They either have some really small dick energy because they’re too preoccupied with having to act outraged over nothing or they think they have some real big dick energy where they think they’re going to use you to “show them.” Either way, the dick energy needs to dissipate and you need to grow up about receiving reports. And you need to learn to act appropriately in response and not this stomp-your-feet-because-you-have-to-do-something-and-I’m-too-afraid-to-make-someone-feel-bad-even-though-they-are-acting-like-dipshits bullshit.

You and the rest of the crybabies are nothing but left wing liberal social justice warriors with nothing to fight for so you fabricate some bullshit on a meaningless internet thread to give yourselves meaning. You want to know how much of an insult this comment of mine really is? Here’s my background. I’m a 6’ white male in a rural republican area who used to work in corrections, I blew the whistle on the abuses of minorities, homosexuals, transgendereds, disabled, and mentally ill to the state, and then formed a non-profit organization pushing for corrections reform. So you have a left wing liberal social justice warrior using my own identity to insult you. That’s how pathetic you are.

Grow the fuck up.

And to the rest of the crybabies still sobbing over the whole thing about a guest vocalist... here are some facts for you.

1. You are factually wrong about what was said and what was intended. And the proof is in all of the comments that already exist.

2. Nothing you say, nothing you spin, nothing you try to misrepresent will change the facts that are present and that you are factually wrong.

3. You need to grow some metaphorical thicker skin, accept that you factually fucked up, and learn to accept and be willing to laugh at your mistake.

4. You will be better accepted and appreciated if you are able to do so.

5. Any ribbing that is still going on is hilarious and clearly done in good fun to those, and with those, that went overboard as a way to non-maliciously joke about what happened and to let them know you appreciate being here with them.

I’m out. Fuck off chorus.fm shit mods. Somehow you’re worse than Reddit mods, so I’m off to go back there.

VINYL

KidLightning likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

byeeeee

shea, Tomozaurus, SlappinCups and 9 others like this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

A tour with the both of them would probably be pretty big. Why as a fan would you not want that? Because you don't like Seether's music? That doesn't seem like something a real fan would say.

Trust me Mike, if Thrice didn't change and "sell out" for Island when they were young and had all the pressure to, they won't if they gain some fans that like Seether. They will still be the same Thrice you love. You should know this.

18. Davjs

Trusted

This is a great idea! I still read stories every night but once my kids are old enough to read themselves, I gotta start this. Both sides come out winners haha.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm so glad I picked today to check in on this thread

20. Davjs

Trusted

Just make it a monthly deal, that way hopefully some good has come that cancels out the bad.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I had a big 'ohhhhh, makes sense' moment when he said he posts on Reddit alot at the end.

22. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I'm just excited to hear some more Thrice soon.

I've read that post above and feel like I must have missed something completely.

But new Thrice guys. New. Thrice.

23. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

@Henry If I pay for it will you change your username to Mr. Overboard?

24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Is Vinyl his name or did I miss something?

25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

that sure was a post