Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 292

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

I've got no time for Reddit, Perry. I've been working this beat for 20 years.

2. Davjs

Trusted

I decided to check out the Thrice reddit to see if anything good is going on there. One of the top posts...

upload_2019-2-19_16-11-4.png

It actually does sound super familiar though lol. If Seether makes you rage @Mike J, how does the Nickelback comparisons do?

3. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

Lots of bands begin their songs with A arpeggios.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

A or a minor

5. Davjs

Trusted

I'm not a musician, just a fan, so I dunno what that means, but you don't hear it?

6. InExile

Regular

[​IMG]

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Haha I have no clue

swboyd and Davjs like this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I found out that Thrice was doing a Palms B-sides EP in this thread. It has value. Just have to navigate yourself through the insanity and people trying to cause trouble constantly.

You’d figure for a band that leads a generally non (or minimal) controversial existence, with talented original members who still make new music and tour, people could be happier within this thread.

9. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

That nickelback lick is extremely close At the start. Kinda wild

Davjs likes this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea but it is a pretty common riff to be fair.

11. Have you considered shutting the fuck up about it?

goddamn the persecution complex is wild

especially for someone who maybe wasn’t at fault initially here but has been towing the line of shittiness in other threads before this incident and after; sheesh I wonder why you may be finding goodwill at a premium

Asking for a smidge of self awareness here

Joe4th, CoffeeEyes17 and slimfenix182 like this.
  12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

No, I haven’t...since these are discussion threads, not insult threads. I am self aware and I am aware that I don’t want to read this negativity in my free moments. I have considered using the block feature...right about...

Perry Burned likes this.
  13. I will never self reflect, only bury my head in the sand

The bravest road

Joe4th and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Sometimes I wish Thanos would snap his fingers and it would block half of this thread.

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I guess I just have higher expectations of Thrice fans. I mean, with a band that has songs like Everything Belongs and Just Breathe, to have fans in this thread saying F off and go away kind of messages feels contradictory.

That’s obviously not an exact quote, but the sentiment is just not required. I guess the ability to say things you’d be afraid to say in the real world to someone you don’t know has kind of become the internet superpower of many.

This Palms EP can’t come soon enough...even though some people will probably say it doesn’t have enough “that kind of song” or “why wasn’t that song on the album instead of...”.

I think we should all be thankful because this isn’t the norm for them either.

momo32t and Perry Burned like this.
  16. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

I can almost guarantee I’m gonna say “x” song from the b side album should have replaced hold up a light. Book it

17. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Did I miss the memo on this EP?

mescalineeyes likes this.
  18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Fair enough. I felt Palms could have been longer, so getting more songs is the exciting part for me. I wonder how many there will be and will it be digitally released?

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

If it's a Record Store Day release, it'll probably be released physically only at first and be released digitally some weeks later.

20. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Hold Up A Light > Deadbolt.

This is all I have to contribute this morning. Have a nice day, y'all.

KidLightning and Davjs like this.
  21. kupe

Regular

Is this EP confirmed or just speculation?

22. DesolateEarth

Birb

I'd say speculation. Band has yet to confirm it publicly as far as I know

kupe, Transient_Hymn and teebs41 like this.
  23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Dustin mentioned new songs would come soon, but not in what form.

kupe and .K. like this.
  24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Sometimes those physical releases come with download cards though, right? I hope it makes it was out properly and not just vinyl.

25. momo32t

Trusted

Until RSD actually confirms the releases for this year (April 13, 2019) we won't know for sure. They just announced the ambassadors last week (Pearl Jam). I would expect we will find out soon enough as we are under 2 months away.

There was no announcement about the Sea Change 7" until the RSD list was released, so I would expect something similar for this.