Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 288

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Davjs

Trusted

I don't think you'll find anyone disagreeing with that, but are you saying it's their best opener?

2. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah...probably right. When they are writing though, I wonder if they know "that's our closer" or do they decide track listing after they have the batch done?

3. Micool1

Trusted Supporter

I don't know about that. I just realized while checking all the openers and closers that there's not many openers in my favorites of their respective albums, while there are a good portion of closers that are.

Davjs likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

I would assume with Beggars, Disarmed and Pines as soon as they were written it was known those would be closers.

The others I could see being put else where on the albums so who knows their process. This is the type of stuff I wish interviewers would ask instead of the same old questions.

5. Bad Frequencies

I’m Falling Apart, Inside Your Holographic Heart Supporter

No I’d need longer to pick their best opener but it’s not that

Davjs likes this.
  6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I can’t actually pick between Red Sky, Beyond The Pines or Beggars and I totally agree that they are better closers.

Davjs likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

Beggars is such a great set closer that when they played it midway through on their last tour, I turned to my group and asked if the show was ending already lol

.K. likes this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

So which song is the most well liked between these few:

Image of the Invisable
    The Grey
    Blood in the Sand
    All That’s Left

All were singles or early releases

9. Micool1

Trusted Supporter

I'd say Salt and Shadow probably was written as a closer. The Alchemy Index's four closers were definitely written as closers.

Davjs likes this.
  10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Disarmed is great too. It was band closure at the time because they seemed to have a had a break in mind before major/minor was released.

Davjs likes this.
  11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They were all sonnets written in the same keynof I remember right. I am not sure what key that is they because I didn’t take piano as a kid

Davjs likes this.
  12. DesolateEarth

"Numbness engulfs truth, let bygones be bygones"

I really like them all to varying degrees but I'd say The Grey is my favorite of those 4.

Davjs likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

Out of that group, I like All That's Left the most. Then Image>Grey>Blood

14. Micool1

Trusted Supporter

I am not good with technical aspects like keys, but they are all sonnets written impersonating the corresponding element so they were definitely written as closers.

Davjs likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah you are right. I guess all that answers my question then haha

16. Sean Murphy

Trusted Supporter

based on how this thread gets i don't even know if i'd recommend it but, have we thrice-bracketed yet? did i miss that?

or participate and completely forget it happened?

17. Davjs

Trusted

haha yeah it was a good one. Earth Will Shake won and For Miles got knocked out early on so it was a bust though.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  18. Micool1

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I ran the bracket in the Fall of 2017. I could do a mini bracket for Palms though. (Not in this thread)

bachna84 likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

!!!!

20. Sean Murphy

Trusted Supporter

lol i just found that bracket thread i definitely participated and am just dumb

bachna84 and Davjs like this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

Pines wins it though right? Going up against either Just Breathe or Everything Belongs?

22. Micool1

Trusted Supporter

Eh it's been a while so it's understandable.

23. Micool1

Trusted Supporter

Hold a Bud Light wins. :-p

Davjs likes this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

Did @Mike J participate? I can't remember.

25. Davjs

Trusted

It was song of the year 2018 so I can see it.