Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Thrice - Palms (September 14, 2018) Album • Page 287

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by teebs41, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Come on man, this is over and does not need to be rehashed. There is nothing new to be added to what was said for 3 pages. Anyone who is catching up in the thread doesn't need dig this back out....

2. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Keep scrolling.

3. Davjs

Trusted

4. .K. Feb 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 8, 2019)
    .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Another attempt at insitigation. It’s probably just the same person using a second account. Time for me to test the block feature to spare you fine people 3 pages of back and forth. Again, we had all been having an nice conversation.

Davjs likes this.
  5. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Fuck off I've been here for years.

6. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Like if your move when criticized is to dismiss it because it must be a fake account or, as you did earlier, the artist in question is a pretty good indicator that the critisism was right.

Joe4th and dadbolt like this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Blocked. I like when Davjs was talking about the b-sides. Can we go back to that.

Davjs likes this.
  8. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

.k. must just be a Mike J alt right? Is that how this works.

9. Davjs

Trusted

I am @Mike J if he liked all of Thrice's songs :-)

10. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

As @Davjs has said, there have already been several pages making this exact point. I'm really not sure what you're trying to accomplish here other than restarting the same conversation to repeat things and add several more pages of the same shit. They have already heard what you have to say by multiple users. If it didn't sink in before, it won't now.

11. DesolateEarth

Birb

Yes let's please just move forward from this.

Favorite Thrice opener and closer? For me its Firebreather and Salt And Shadow respectively

theagentcoma and RyanPm40 like this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

Jesus do you want to kill me? It was hard enough ranking openers....

-Fire Breather and Redsky probably....with Disarmed/Pines/Don't Tell close behind.

DesolateEarth likes this.
  13. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Only Us is a killer song and sounds great live and I disagree with anyone saying otherwise

14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Favorite opener: Hurricane
    Favorite closer: Beggars, but Beyond the Pines and Red Sky are pretty close.

I think this band is better at closing records than opening.

15. Davjs

Trusted

I don't think you'll find anyone disagreeing with that, but are you saying it's their best opener?

16. Davjs

Trusted

Yeah...probably right. When they are writing though, I wonder if they know "that's our closer" or do they decide track listing after they have the batch done?

17. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know about that. I just realized while checking all the openers and closers that there's not many openers in my favorites of their respective albums, while there are a good portion of closers that are.

Davjs likes this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

I would assume with Beggars, Disarmed and Pines as soon as they were written it was known those would be closers.

The others I could see being put else where on the albums so who knows their process. This is the type of stuff I wish interviewers would ask instead of the same old questions.

19. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

No I’d need longer to pick their best opener but it’s not that

Davjs likes this.
  20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I can’t actually pick between Red Sky, Beyond The Pines or Beggars and I totally agree that they are better closers.

Davjs likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

Beggars is such a great set closer that when they played it midway through on their last tour, I turned to my group and asked if the show was ending already lol

.K. likes this.
  22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

So which song is the most well liked between these few:

Image of the Invisable
    The Grey
    Blood in the Sand
    All That’s Left

All were singles or early releases

23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'd say Salt and Shadow probably was written as a closer. The Alchemy Index's four closers were definitely written as closers.

Davjs likes this.
  24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Disarmed is great too. It was band closure at the time because they seemed to have a had a break in mind before major/minor was released.

Davjs likes this.
  25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They were all sonnets written in the same keynof I remember right. I am not sure what key that is they because I didn’t take piano as a kid

Davjs likes this.